12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WxChallenge 2011-2012 Season

phil882

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk to your coordinator. He/she might be able to help you out there.

I asked him about it, but he said that there was nothing he could do at that point.

And to add insult to injury, I forgot to forecast today. I've had such a hectic week and forgot to input a 4-day forecast on Monday just in case I forgot a day. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

How did everyone finish?

I was in Category 0 for Western Connecticut State University.

Finished #1 in the school out of 23.

Among Category 0 participants, finished #9 out of 107.

Overall for the year, finished #124 out of 2061.

-2.574 for the cumultive score.

I did fairly well, but could have done a bit better. Compared to how I did the last time I participated, I fared a lot better. Back in 2008-09 as a senior, I was 262 overall and 6th for WCSU. The clear difference was 3 absences then and 0 this time around. I did miss two forecasts, but thankfully I had put in an extended forecast in, just in case.

My goal was to be negative for every single city, but a "missed" forecast in Dayton screwed me over, not to mention I had one or two poor forecasts after that. As for Hilo (only other positive city), I was already above zero going into Day 8, but decided to go out on a limb and forecast heavy precip in a desperation move. It didn't pan out so well, lol.

Since I'm a freshman, this is my first year playing, and I'm a Cat 4.

I finished 2nd at Valpo, out of 49. (Although it should be noted that about half of those stopped playing after the first day of Miami.) 18th out of all Category 4's. Cumulative score of -1.551. 252nd overall.

My best city: PVD, -6.08

My worst: HTO +12.78 (I climo'd at least twice and guidance'd like 3 more times, soooo...)

I made the beta tournament. -3.053 cumulative score.

looks like after the first three cities (which you still did decently in), you were on fire!!

I'm in the beta one too, will be interesting to see how I fare against others, especially since I am near the bottom of the 64 who qualified.

I completely botched the last two cities. I missed three or four forecasts in that span and just went into freefall. Meh.

I finished in the top third at NCSU (though some of the ones towards the bottom probably essentially quit the contest) and I was 1st at my school among Cat 4s ... out of two participants... :lol:

I finished 1st at CMU

Cumulative: -3.529

Tourney: 10th Seed, Region 2

Best City: MSY (-6.75)

Worst City: HTO (4.45) Missed my first forecast in 2 years, didn't have guidance set, lost my ~20th (Yearly) rank, and had to try and recover (it became my throw away city).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived