northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
WxChallenge 2011-2012 Season

phil882

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame nobody else at VU is even trying anymore. If they were I wouldn't keep coming in 1st.

44th overall.

I wish in the future they would delete inactive players. Like after the 4th climo-ed forecast in a row, they're dropped, so we can see how many people are actually still playing.

It's a shame nobody else at VU is even trying anymore. If they were I wouldn't keep coming in 1st.

44th overall.

I wish in the future they would delete inactive players. Like after the 4th climo-ed forecast in a row, they're dropped, so we can see how many people are actually still playing.

Me too. I know there are almost 2000 "participants", but I want to know how many people are actually playing.

62nd in PVD, after being 448th through day 6. I'll take it.

wtf is with guidance going 61 knots today at ABQ?

I only went like 21 or something, which is proving to be a major low-ball, but really? 61 knots?

The resolution of the GFS can't properly handle the topography, I think. It has consistently been high (though this is absurd).

• 2 weeks later...

I hurriedly entered my forecast right before my lab this evening. I just got back and saw this in my email.

You entered the following forecast for PHTO - Day 8 (20120323). Forecasts are in (High/Low/Wind/Precip) format.

75 / 66 / 77 / 0.00

The forecast was removed from the system for the following reason(s):

- Your wind speed is statistically abnormal.

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

I meant to put a 7 knots in for my wind speed and instead entered 77 knots. FML.

A missed forecast I can't really afford.

I hurriedly entered my forecast right before my lab this evening. I just got back and saw this in my email.

[/font][/color]

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

I meant to put a 7 knots in for my wind speed and instead entered 77 knots. FML.

A missed forecast I can't really afford.

Talk to your coordinator. He/she might be able to help you out there.

Archived