• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
WxChallenge 2011-2012 Season

phil882

I went 12 kts because I thought the USL was BS because Juneau NEVER gets that high with west winds. I followed the EURO which with the enhanced resolution really picked up on the wind jet down the sound and giving Juneau a west wind rather than a strong downsloping NW wind.

I think I went with 11 knots. The winds have been hurting me the most in Juneau thus far, so it is nice to see them cooperate. :)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went 12 kts because I thought the USL was BS because Juneau NEVER gets that high with west winds. I followed the EURO which with the enhanced resolution really picked up on the wind jet down the sound and giving Juneau a west wind rather than a strong downsloping NW wind.

bingo... This was exactly what I did. Not that is matters much, I'm just struggling to beat consensus.

Why did the day 6 precip go DOWN to .16" from .23"? I don't understand the wxchallenge site sometimes...

Well I know PAJN was having some rain gauage issues this week (see earlier posts in this thread) but that shouldn't cause the total to go down.

Glancing at the NWS 3-day history, I see 0.23" between 6z and 6z. I'll e-mail my coordinator and ask her about that.

Well I know PAJN was having some rain gauage issues this week (see earlier posts in this thread) but that shouldn't cause the total to go down.

Glancing at the NWS 3-day history, I see 0.23" between 6z and 6z. I'll e-mail my coordinator and ask her about that.

and now we have 0 knots for the wind on Day 7

The day 6 precip corrected back to .23". And the winds are back to 11 knots for day 7. I guess the climo report didn't go any higher with those.

Also, a wunderground "special METAR/OB" had the temperature down to 10.4 degrees at 6:14am AKST, but I guess those special METARs don't count? The low was apparently still 11.

Oh, and the temperature spiked up to 19 last hour. It might be warmer than a lot of us thought. I went under the MOS yesterday and put a high of 19, blah.

that happened one day during week one for Juneau too...I asked about it and got a snippy response, lol

lol

It's so annoying, though! I just want to know my overall ranking for Juneau already...also I had 9 knots so I've been nervously awaiting the climo report for a while. Juneau is the first city I've actually done really well in so I actually care this time around.

Go to Cumulative Scores and then National Data (or Category 4 forecasters for you and I if we want to just look at that).

As an aside, how do you find out how you did at a certain city? I am curious to know how I did at Juneau compared to others.

Oh ok, thanks. So then as of now I'm 554 overall. That's a result of missing a day each at MIA (which ended +5.63) and RIW (+5.05) canceled out by DAY (-2.30) and AJN (-0.51).

9th at Valpo, and I'm not even counting down how many spots I am down in Category 4 forecasters. arrowheadsmiley.png

To look at just a single city, click on Results, then the city you want to see and Day 8 for the final (or Day 6 if you want to know how you were doing on Day 6, for instance).

Oh ok, thanks. So then as of now I'm 554 overall. That's a result of missing a day each at MIA (which ended +5.63) and RIW (+5.05) canceled out by DAY (-2.30) and AJN (-0.51).

9th at Valpo, and I'm not even counting down how many spots I am down in Category 4 forecasters. :arrowhead:

To look at just a single city, click on Results, then the city you want to see and Day 8 for the final (or Day 6 if you want to know how you were doing on Day 6, for instance).

Ah, so simple I missed it, LOL. :arrowhead:

Looks like I was 117th nationally at Juneau.

Archived