• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
WxChallenge 2011-2012 Season

phil882

Last week of the semester, good luck everybody!

I got an e-mail from our coordinator saying that we have somebody in the top 10. I just checked and - it's me! (Sorry but I have to rub it in, considering I started in like the 800's in Miami.) Oh god the pressure, how do I not screw this up?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week of the semester, good luck everybody!

I got an e-mail from our coordinator saying that we have somebody in the top 10. I just checked and - it's me! (Sorry but I have to rub it in, considering I started in like the 800's in Miami.) Oh god the pressure, how do I not screw this up?

Congrads to you and good luck to you.

I had 42/36/21/0.25 for today. It looks like I nailed precipitation, so that's good, and it looks like my winds will be very close as there was a peak wind gust at 534z last night of 27 knots. Let's just hope the cold air isn't that strong later tonight ;)

I had 42/36/21/0.25 for today. It looks like I nailed precipitation, so that's good, and it looks like my winds will be very close as there was a peak wind gust at 534z last night of 27 knots. Let's just hope the cold air isn't that strong later tonight ;)

Nice call for today, especially the precip. The USL was the only model going high on QPF, and I bit on the HRRR showing most of the pcpn drying up right around 6z and only went with 0.11" as a result. I'm still hanging on to 1st at Valpo, but another bad day like today and that will be history,

• 1 month later...

Didja?

I think I went 76/55/12/0.07"

The precip was a crapshoot, with the GFS BUFKIT spitting out 0.52" and the NAM BUF spitting out 0.00".

Nope! :(

I actually just woke up and immediately remembered that I never forecasted yesterday. I'm assuming that one location is dropped this semester, as well, just like last semester?

Goods news.

I did remember to forecast today, although with one missed day already, this is nearly assured ot be my dropped city.

I could certainly see myself forgetting to forecast over spring break, though...

remember you can always add in a guidance forecast up to 4 days ahead. You don't get docked any points the first day you miss a forecast and have guidance instead, and thereafter you are only deducted 5 points instead of the 10+climo forecast you are given if you decide to not put anything.

I believe guidance this year is the 18z GFS MOS although I'm not totally sure about that.

Forgot to forecast again ... damn it!

It doesn't matter much since this is almost assuredly going to be my dropped city after forgetting a city last week, but this is just bad. I consistently remembered to forecast last semester, but I've had trouble remembering lately...

Set an alarm on your phone for every weekday at 2330.

Forgot to forecast again ... damn it!

It doesn't matter much since this is almost assuredly going to be my dropped city after forgetting a city last week, but this is just bad. I consistently remembered to forecast last semester, but I've had trouble remembering lately...

Sound like me, Tied for 54th after Day 2, then LOLs, went out and totally forgot.. I'll just wait till the next city...

Has anyone from here suggested a city for the TBA weeks yet?

I'm waiting for my registration to be approved...but I think I'm going to throw Astoria, OR (KAST) into the pile of suggestions, since we didn't have a Pacific coastal city this year (the last 2 years used Seattle, and a year or two before that was Crescent City, CA) and the Pacific coast in Spring has marine layers and other fun things like that to deal with. Not to mention that the parade of major storms into the Pac NW might continue right into Spring.

Has anyone from here suggested a city for the TBA weeks yet?

I'm waiting for my registration to be approved...but I think I'm going to throw Astoria, OR (KAST) into the pile of suggestions, since we didn't have a Pacific coastal city this year (the last 2 years used Seattle, and a year or two before that was Crescent City, CA) and the Pacific coast in Spring has marine layers and other fun things like that to deal with. Not to mention that the parade of major storms into the Pac NW might continue right into Spring.

We should do Guam for kicks and giggles.

Talk about an easy forecast! :lmao:

Archived