joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I have an idea - let's start a new talking points thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the trend towards colder overnight. I wonder if this is one those rare times where the Euro gets whipped by the other models. It came hundreds of miles east.

Still think tis has a chance at a pretty decent icestorm somewhere

SUNDAY AND MONDAY...

THERE IS GOOD AGREEMENT AMONGST THE MODELS THAT A SIGNIFICANT STORM

SHOULD AFFECT SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND LATE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. THERE

IS STILL UNCERTAINTY WITH REGARDS TO THE TIMING AND TRACK OF THE

STORM. THE MODELS LIKELY WILL CONTINUE TO BOUNCE AROUND FOR THE

NEXT SEVERAL DAYS ON THE TRACK...SO NO SPECIFIC DETAILS AT THIS

TIME. THE EVENTUAL TRACK OF THE STORM WILL DETERMINE PTYPE AND

PRECIP AMOUNTS ACROSS THE REGION. THAT SAID...SINCE WE WILL BE WELL

INTO DECEMBER AT THAT POINT...IT WILL PROBABLY BE COLD ENOUGH FOR

PERIODS OF SNOW/ICE ACROSS THE INTERIOR...EVEN IF A TRACK FARTHER

WEST VERIFIES.

Box certainly thinks that's a distinct possibility.

SUNDAY AND MONDAY...

THERE IS GOOD AGREEMENT AMONGST THE MODELS THAT A SIGNIFICANT STORM

SHOULD AFFECT SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND LATE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. THERE

IS STILL UNCERTAINTY WITH REGARDS TO THE TIMING AND TRACK OF THE

STORM. THE MODELS LIKELY WILL CONTINUE TO BOUNCE AROUND FOR THE

NEXT SEVERAL DAYS ON THE TRACK...SO NO SPECIFIC DETAILS AT THIS

TIME. THE EVENTUAL TRACK OF THE STORM WILL DETERMINE PTYPE AND

PRECIP AMOUNTS ACROSS THE REGION. THAT SAID...SINCE WE WILL BE WELL

INTO DECEMBER AT THAT POINT...IT WILL PROBABLY BE COLD ENOUGH FOR

PERIODS OF SNOW/ICE ACROSS THE INTERIOR...EVEN IF A TRACK FARTHER

WEST VERIFIES.

Box certainly thinks that's a distinct possibility.

Pete--I'd be careful with that. I'm not sure BOX has updated their long-term wording in about 4 days. Seriously. lol

Gotta love Kevin

I think the odds of significant ice are pretty low. The only way this gets good is if the Euro trends more toward the UK.

Well, it did just lurch violently to the right. Much better than the expected capitulation of every other model toward the Euro.

Need to keep those developments going. Rev Kev's model of choice GFS is a big ol' nasty Grinch and has for a number of runs now been making this a HV runner.

Your avatar is Festive.

The odds of significant ice are higher than significant snow

I would think snow would be the primary frozen precip type if frozen is to be a factor.

You guys have weenie eyes. The euro didn't go much farther east. The only thing it did, as to try and develop a second low along the front that would give Pete and Mike a chance of snow at the end. Odds aren't great at all for that, but something to watch.

It absolutely did come east and south

THE 00Z ECMWF HAS

ADJUSTED ITS TRACK SIGNIFICANTLY FARTHER SWD FROM A NUMBER OF

PREVIOUS RUNS

You guys have weenie eyes. The euro didn't go much farther east. The only thing it did, as to try and develop a second low along the front that would give Pete and Mike a chance of snow at the end. Odds aren't great at all for that, but something to watch.

You're ruining the morning coffee, Scott! lol

Pete--I'd be careful with that. I'm not sure BOX has updated their long-term wording in about 4 days. Seriously. lol

It's actually changed a little and I think it still reflects the fact that we are a long way out and now the far western solutions are significantly East of where they were even yesterday. Detroit/Chicago vs. SYR/ALB. Regardless of what Box says I still think we make continued gains on eastablishing the snowpack here by this time next week.

You guys have weenie eyes. The euro didn't go much farther east. The only thing it did, is to try and develop a second low along the front that would give Pete and Mike a chance of snow at the end. Odds aren't great at all for that, but something to watch.

Yeah what the Euro did was add in the threat for snow on the backside for western NE... maybe even parts of CT. That's more interesting than previous runs but the storm is still primarily rain.

It's actually changed a little and I think it still reflects the fact that we are a long way out and now the far western solutions are significantly East of where they were even yesterday. Detroit/Chicago vs. SYR/ALB. Regardless of what Box says I still think we make continued gains on eastablishing the snowpack here by this time next week.

I'm hopeful, but low confidence so expectations restrained.

Should a moderator lock the other thread so posts lead here?

Yeah what the Euro did was add in the threat for snow on the backside for western NE... maybe even parts of CT. That's more interesting than previous runs but the storm is still primarily rain.

The "farther south" comment was for the Midwest. It looks the same for sensible wx, but adds a small caveat to western New England. I don't like these anafrontal solutions, but I agree it should be watched. And like i said yesterday, there should still be some frozen precip on the front end for Mike and pete, before a flip to rain.

You guys have weenie eyes. The euro didn't go much farther east. The only thing it did, is to try and develop a second low along the front that would give Pete and Mike a chance of snow at the end. Odds aren't great at all for that, but something to watch.

Yes, yes we do. The fact that we are still 5 days out and the Euro is at least trending toward a slightly more positive solution is enough for me. Ok, I'm out to ski, nice and Wintery out this way and I think that theme, in general, continues for months to come.

Sorry to say but it's looking more and more like an Interior Winter.

Archived