• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Irene Picture/Damage Thread

BethesdaWX

Was suggested that a picture thread be started. Some very heavy winds last night from Hurricane Irene, Anyone have pictures/videos/etc to post here?

I took a few this morning in verying shades of overcast, we took it on the chin.

Shutter Blown off

Irene12-1.jpg

Roof Shingles

Irene14.jpg

This old Oak tree was felled and was one of the reasons for power outages in the Area (already cut when I got there)

Irene5-1.jpg

Basket Ball Hoop Toppled

irene10.jpg

Another one Toppled

Irene9.jpg

Another felled Tree (Already cut when I got there)

Irene4.jpg

Live Wires Dangling

Irene3.jpg

Tree Snapped Off

Irene1.jpg

For-Sale sign

Irene8.jpg

Dangling Limb

Irene11.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have done more scouting. I was actually surprised to see two large trees down so close. That was all within a block on my way to get coffee. Sounds like they are clearing stuff quick but I may hit some more sidestreets later to see what else I can find.

I should have done more scouting. I was actually surprised to see two large trees down so close. That was all within a block on my way to get coffee. Sounds like they are clearing stuff quick but I may hit some more sidestreets later to see what else I can find.

I live in the same neighborhood and saw the tree on Connecticut Ave that you had a photo of. There was another one down further up towards Van Ness(which has been cleared) and I saw one down on a couple of cars between Upton and Tilden streets. Also some significant tree damage on Tilden going towards Rock Creek Park/Beach Drive.

Would have taken pictures but didn't have a camera.

more just from 2 neighborhoods

I was out for a drive from here down to the area around St. Mary's Hospital and then I came back via River Rd and whole sections of town look like this, Midlo. I will say it's not as bad as it could have been, but this area took it on the chin pretty good. Especially considering most of the mets around here spent a week telling us it "wouldn't be that bad"....

Midlo how do you think that could possibly compare to Bethesdaboy's experience--some roof shingles fell off. HE TOOK IT ON THE CHIN. how can multiple houses in your 'hood with giant trees on them compare? where is your sense of compassion, man? ON THE CHIN.

oh, the humanity.

Wow! Looks like you caught the earthquake too.

:lmao:

Midlo-with all of those power lines affected, I imagine it will take days to get the power up. Unbelievable!

still 321,000 without i am very lucky. the jet engine sounding down burst that just pounds the top of the trees is unforgettable

Irene took out the pine tree, and split a tree in the backyard in half.. Powerline is 2 feet off the road, but still pushing electrons. I'm baffled by that aspect.

Spent all day with a chainsaw.

BGE says that since it has power, they may not get to it for a week. Even with it dangling down. We have the road shutdown here with trashcans and caution tape.

IMG_20110828_125355.jpg

IMG_20110828_125146.jpg

Archived