northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham AL and much of the deep south freeze tonight; parts of FL panhandle under a frost advisory, before most of us will be. I wonder what the stats would look like comparing first freeze dates in say Tallahassee to NYC or LGA. Seems like at least recently, most of the SE sees 32F before NYC.

Birmingham AL and much of the deep south freeze tonight; parts of FL panhandle under a frost advisory, before most of us will be. I wonder what the stats would look like comparing first freeze dates in say Tallahassee to NYC or LGA. Seems like at least recently, most of the SE sees 32F before NYC.

Most of the SE isn't a ~20sq mi island of concrete and skyscrapers within a couple miles of the Atlantic Ocean.

For anybody thinking that it will snow at the coast in late October ,needs to be checked out..I have lived 53 years and I have never seen acculmulating snow in October and only 3 times in November AFTER the 20th

Even though I agree with you, but there is a first for everything, and you did not have any coating when we had that freak snow event last November, I think it was around the 7th.

For anybody thinking that it will snow at the coast in late October ,needs to be checked out..I have lived 53 years and I have never seen acculmulating snow in October and only 3 times in November AFTER the 20th

I saw sleet with the October storm a couple of years ago

Even though I agree with you, but there is a first for everything, and you did not have any coating when we had that freak snow event last November, I think it was around the 7th.

It hasn't snowed in September either. Is there a first time for that too?

18z GFS snowfall output for Northern New Jersey shows 2-4 inches of accumulation. All snow event for Thursday night. Amazing, but not unreal. I think we have had snow pretty much that time the last 3 years in a row I believe in the higher terrain of Northwest NJ.

October 28,2009

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/wet_windy_and_cold.html

Thank you for posting this. I will place it in my archives. I think it was 2 years ago that we got a dusting here in Blairstown on September 30. And last year we definitely had several inches in late October, I remember that one for sure. So that makes the past 3 years in a row. This one would make 4 if it happens. I also remember 6 inches in 1982 I believe also on October 27. That was just outside of Hackettstown.

Archived