northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tornadojay just PM'ed me his winter forecast for KNYC, he told me it was my eyes only, but I have to share.

Dec: -5.0 temp departure , 25 inches snow

Jan: -10.0 temp departure, 5 inches snow, too cold.

Feb: 0.0 temp departure, 45 inches snow

March: -4.25 temp departure, 20 inches snow.

WOW!!! :snowman::thumbsup:

Tornadojay just PM'ed me his winter forecast for KNYC, he told me it was my eyes only, but I have to share.

Dec: -5.0 temp departure , 25 inches snow

Jan: -10.0 temp departure, 5 inches snow, too cold.

Feb: 0.0 temp departure, 45 inches snow

March: -4.25 temp departure, 20 inches snow.

WOW!!! :snowman::thumbsup:

If this happens i will buy you dinner in the city at any restaurant of your choice

:unsure: huh?? lol ummmm.... oh yea.. those predictions.. of course! I forgot about that.

You can trust my forecasts.......... really....... I also predicted our first trace of snowfall was going to be on September 30th.

If you were standing next to Metfan, you may have seen a trace, that boy has some serious dandrouf.

sorry man, I had to let the cat out of the bag, its too cool a forecast

http://www.americanw...ost__p__1039488

that's ok... I'm glad you shared.. I couldn't contain the excitement anymore.. For 3 months straight, I've been pouring through books and thermodynamic equations, and changing poop diapers.. and I came up with some amazing analogs...

-4.25 doesn't tell me anything. The guy is slacking. I want to know the highs and lows of each date, not the overall average. Any dope can come up with that. Are they just giving out met degrees now?

yep, they have some good met degrees on ebay.. they're very pretty and have pink borders.:rolleyes: .... yea...... soooooooo dreamy!

Looking back at the last 15 octobers, this is only the 2nd time we haven't dropped below 45 by this point and most of those years have been down in the 30s at least once by now. The latest was 2005 getting below 45 on the 23rd and below 40 on the 27th. Looks like we'll beat that by one or two days but who knows when we'll finally see 30s....maybe not until the very last couple days of this month or even the first week of November.

0z euro lost the cold air. Only has a 1 day transient shot of cold air, around day 7, and then pattern looks to flip to a warm one.

6z GFS also eased up on the cold and is headed towards the euro.

yeah, not good. Appears to be a very fast zonal flow with no blocking anywhere across the globe, even the scandanavian block goes away, not that it was going to do much anyway unless it retrograded. Let's hope things change, a warm november with no blocking is going to be very bad.

0z euro lost the cold air. Only has a 1 day transient shot of cold air, around day 7, and then pattern looks to flip to a warm one.

6z GFS also eased up on the cold and is headed towards the euro.

I saw the euro is holding some energy back in the southwest, a known bias for those that don't know. I would take it with a grain of salt for now in the long range.

I saw the euro is holding some energy back in the southwest, a known bias for those that don't know. I would take it with a grain of salt for now in the long range.

euro and gfs show the same general global pattern, regardless of what the euro is doing over the SW.

It's a bad pattern any way you slice it. Let's see what happens as we get closer.

yeah, not good. Appears to be a very fast zonal flow with no blocking anywhere across the globe, even the scandanavian block goes away, not that it was going to do much anyway unless it retrograded. Let's hope things change, a warm november with no blocking is going to be very bad.

The rolling ridge over the CONUS and building PNA ridge on the GEFS means support a nice shot of cold air around the end of the month, although it might be short lived. Without the blocking the PNA ridge will be transient.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/MRF_6z/f216.gif

Archived