e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part III

Alpha5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With some of these posts about the pattern,I was just thinking of last year.It was a disaster until Dec 26th,just a trace of snow..So I think we can wait till at least December,and maybe till late December!

it was cold in December though, and some of us saw snow end of October. I am no where near close to saying things will not work out, I am just a little antsy to see the November pattern.

Really W? Have any come close to this year that you can think of??

Come close how? It has been warm this fall as it is almost every fall in recent memory...business as usual...

Check out what a little wind does to chicago...

ATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL317 AM CDT THU OCT 20 2011ILZ006-014-201630-/O.CON.KLOT.LS.W.0004.000000T0000Z-111020T2100Z/LAKE IL-COOK-317 AM CDT THU OCT 20 2011...LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM CDT THISAFTERNOON...* WAVES...WAVES 20 TO 25 FEET WILL SUBSIDE TO 15 TO 20 FEET THIS MORNING AND TO LESS THAN 15 FEET BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON.* IMPACTS...LARGE AND BATTERING WAVES WILL RESULT IN FLOODING OF AREAS NEAR THE LAKE...LIKELY WORSE THAN WHAT WAS EXPERIENCED WITH THE LATE SEPTEMBER STORM. WAVES COULD RESULT IN FLOODING ALONG THE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE PORTIONS OF LAKE SHORE DRIVE IN CHICAGO.

Here is a screenshot of the Euro 00Z 10/29.

99% of this has fallen as snow. Not saying it sticks in and aroudn the city, but def. north and west it will on the grass.

There is also more after this that probably coats the grass and cars on the island and city

dolwz8.png

Surface maps show lower to mid 30's. Even into the city...LOL:

And if the surface low comes closer this should only enhance the cold as dynamics will be better and also there would be a stronger influx of surface cold towards the deepening/transitioning low pressure.

Of course its all fantasy but a good dry run to wipe away the cob webs

Not really that much of a fantasy. The GFS has been showing something in the ballpark of this scenario on one model run or other every day since last Saturday. The Euro has finally caught on.

And if the surface low comes closer this should only enhance the cold as dynamics will be better and also there would be a stronger influx of surface cold towards the deepening/transitioning low pressure.

Of course its all fantasy but a good dry run to wipe away the cob webs

Not really that much of a fantasy. The GFS has been showing something in the ballpark of this scenario on one model run or other every day since last Saturday. The Euro has finally caught on.

its october 21st, we are in a second year nina, its been torching for weeks, global warming has taken over, the new normals are warm, and its 180 hours away. Its fantasy.

Talk to me next Friday. We shall see. I think we have had snow here the last 3 years in a row in late October when the forecast was for rain. The only fantasy was the forecast's that were for rain when it was snowing in the mountains of Northwest NJ.

its october 21st, we are in a second year nina, its been torching for weeks, global warming has taken over, the new normals are warm, and its 180 hours away. Its fantasy.

I just want to get below 45 at this point. We're close to having the latest date to do that in at least 15 years (in EWR/NYC at least)

Talk to me next Friday. We shall see. I think we have had snow here the last 3 years in a row in late October when the forecast was for rain. The only fantasy was the forecast's that were for rain when it was snowing in the mountains of Northwest NJ.

Archived