northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Sunday/Monday AM storm threat

free_man

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy showers! 25mph winds were making the drops hit the windows, so I went to the basement for a bit. Really scary stuff. It's winding down now, so I'm going to go inspect what got wet outside ... it looks like a lot got wet.

What street got wet? Is everyone safe

(just heard thunder... going for the shelter)

Not sure the sky cover will matter much for whatever happens later on.

Well true, especially if it's after dark but looks like some action could try to get in here prior to 8 PM, especially if anything develops out ahead of the lines ahead of the front so we could still have ample instability to deal with at that time if we can get the sun to come back out.

We went from 3 severe rounds to Scooter cancelling everything in 10 short minutes

I said the second round could be more to our sw, and there might be one later on in the evening somewhere in SNE. They're all possible, or both could do the old 7/10 split. I don't know, but the evening and late night could be interesting for some..perhaps in far eastern areas too.

I said the second round could be more to our sw, and there might be one later on in the evening somewhere in SNE. They're all possible, or both could do the old 7/10 split. I don't know, but the evening and late night could be interesting for some..perhaps in far eastern areas too.

Maybe around Marshfield would you say?

Dealing with nocturnal convection here is extremely difficult...especially when dealing with a situation where you have storms now and it's not clear as to how much they will affect (overturn the atmosphere).

I think the SPC mesoanalysis is too high with the current CAPE over most of SNE. The dew point has mixed out to 62 in HFD like the models showed which effectively has eliminated a large chunk of CAPE.

wow that's pretty significant. You can def feel it not as humid.

Will they come back up at all?

Archived