Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is that (expletive) plumber? Got a spigot that just won't shut off!

Unbelievable forecast we are still under pop for a couple of more days.

Fog very light mist in West Chester at the moment. Dreary. Brandywine Creek looked a little angry this morning. Is forecast to crest later. Hope the downpours hold off, although I don't dare wish this moisture west, or even east of ChesCo. Those areas are just as bad.

watch out mid to late next week for possible frost in the poconos....this region many places will dip into the 40s

Yes, saw it on this mornings models and I got all warm and fuzzy :). Looks below freezing just to our N.W into extreme Nepa and Southern Ny State.

It's not to uncommon to get near freezing or frost in September. After all, I have seen flurries before in late Septemeber. Also of course, the two back to back Octobers with record breaking elevation snowfalls. I say bring it on!

Yes, saw it on this mornings models and I got all warm and fuzzy :). Looks below freezing just to our N.W into extreme Nepa and Southern Ny State.

It's not to uncommon to get near freezing or frost in September. After all, I have seen flurries before in late Septemeber. Also of course, the two back to back Octobers with record breaking elevation snowfalls. I say bring it on!

sigh, wish i had some elevation and latitude lol

sigh, wish i had some elevation and latitude lol

Yeah, latitude helps big time. Although I don't have the 2k+ elevation like Mike, my 1200+ elevation has helped out greatly in Elevation and reg snowstorms.

Alot of the time though, it seems the snow line wants to set up around here at 1300+. So I get ripped from some snowfalls during the elevation events. Although the highest locations of the Poconos of 2k+ are found near mike in NW Monroe county. A bit south west of me, but he does alot better usually with his elevation and considering he is further west. My area averages 1000-1900 feet in the higher residential elevation locations around the county. I believe there is only two places in my county above 2k, and nobody lives there. Maybe I should build a house there? lol

Elevations changes drastically in the Poconos though, one min you can be down in town at 300-400 feet only, and 5 minutes up the road your already pushing over 1,000 feet. Like my house, I sit at 1,230 feet, and literately right down the road is pushing 1,400-1,500 feet. It's very frustrating to see elevations only 200-300 feet higher 5 min away getting a foot of snow, and I have a slushy inch or two only lol.

Yeah, latitude helps big time. Although I don't have the 2k+ elevation like Mike, my 1200+ elevation has helped out greatly in Elevation and reg snowstorms.

Alot of the time though, it seems the snow line wants to set up around here at 1300+. So I get ripped from some snowfalls during the elevation events. Although the highest locations of the Poconos of 2k+ are found near mike in NW Monroe county. A bit south west of me, but he does alot better usually, especially considering he is further west. My area averages 1000-1900 feet in elevation around the county. I believe there is only two places in my county above 2k, and nobody lives there. Maybe I should build a house there? lol

Elevations changes drastically in the Poconos though, one min you can be down in town at 300-400 feet only, and 5 minutes up the road your already pushing over 1,000 feet. Like my house, I sit at 1,230 feet, and literately right down the road is pushing 1,400-1,500 feet. It's very frustrating to see elevations only 200-300 feet higher 5 min away getting a foot of snow, and I have a slushy inch or two only lol.

if you don't i will lol...if their was some decent work up in the poconos i would live there in a heart beat.

if you don't i will lol...if their was some decent work up in the poconos i would live there in a heart beat.

bahhh hahaha! Good luck with that one Tomb!

Probably 80% of the people in the Poconos are transplants from NJ or NYC and they all commute to work everyday.

It's a nice quiet place to live, but it sucks for looking for work. In my county there really isn't much commercial development. Mike's area is a different story and is built up way better then my area but is still not what you would be looking for.

Archived