Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

AT 1114 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR

MOUNT HOLLY...OR 16 MILES SOUTH OF TRENTON...AND MOVING EAST AT 15

MPH.

Looks like an observation not needing radar to issue a warning for...

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that. some weak rotation, nothign to warrant a warning yet...

Storm backbuilding over delco.. Amazed at the amount of lightning and the severity of it. Pretty intense light show. Heavy rain round 2. Did not see this happening this evening. Pleasant surprise.

Storm backbuilding over delco.. Amazed at the amount of lightning and the severity of it. Pretty intense light show. Heavy rain round 2. Did not see this happening this evening. Pleasant surprise.

the NAM yesterday kept showing the t-storm signal...nailed it pretty damn well too.

0.57" from the storm last night

Probably a bit more than that in Spring Mount, PA...I'd say about 3/4 of an inch...really good lightning show between 9:30 and about 10:20 PM last night - and a heavy downpour for 15 to 20 minutes. Power flickered a couple times but did not go out at my house during the storm. 60 degrees for a low temp this morning with pretty thick fog between 5 and 8 AM.

yea, 1.25 epic downpour. At one pt with the first batch it looked like it was snowing.

That storm lastnight was amazing, i am serious it was very nice, never did i see lightning coming out of the top of the storm in the distance like out of the anvil it was the one in Lancaster County to Chester County that storm, and i could see the top of the thunderstorm clear as day and with the clear patch of sky that allowed me to see the top of the thunderstorm, it was nice to see the spider anvil crawlers, then the actual storm came over and thunder was ground rumbling.

I noticed you just missed that 67dbZ cell last evening around 9pm, but Spring Mount got nailed. Grother must have gone insane, as the line completely split and/or dissapated as it approached the Lehigh County line.

Could hear it thunder in the house...looked at the radar, tweeted a bit about the warnings, and then promptly dozed off since it was going to miss me lol.

0z nam has mid 30's early Fri A.M Nepa, Nw NJ.

And upper 30's into Lancaster, 40's even into the city...

(a lot of what happens in Philly depends on how quick that front clears to our south...it might hang up locally and we might stay in the 50's in the city with some residual clouds)

post-105-0-15034200-1315906083.gif

Archived