Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how long can we expect this to last? thanks!

We'll probably be back above 80 towards the end of next week. GFS wants to torch the region 9/24ish before another shot of cool comes in...Euro is less bullish on the torching but still has things nudging warmer.

I think there would be a prize in it if one used exacerbation of the bifurcation over the cordillera in a single sentence.

let me guess. A Cowboys bag with the number "8" stitched on the side?

One can see simply here a case where the non-sampled grid is having issues with placement of the polar jet so that bifurcation of said jet over the cordillera is not exacerbated enough to produce genesis in the proper location. When sampled correctly, it is easy to see that a BECS will be produced in my backyard. Just watch what happens tonight when the s/w gets better sampled. :whistle:

The good thing about writing in this manner is that you can be completely full of it and sound eminently intelligent. Until of course enough other intelligent people look closer.

One can see simply here a case where the non-sampled grid is having issues with placement of the polar jet so that bifurcation of said jet over the cordillera is not exacerbated enough to produce genesis in the proper location. When sampled correctly, it is easy to see that a BECS will be produced in my backyard. Just watch what happens tonight when the s/w gets better sampled. :whistle:

The good thing about writing in this manner is that you can be completely full of it and sound eminently intelligent. Until of course enough other intelligent people look closer.

That went in the dumpster on 9/30 of last year. If only Grothar was at the open house (he would have "won" it).

Tony I think gets depressed at times when he hears about that Cowboys bag. We really should not mention it again. :arrowhead:

Nice use of those words by the way.

Somewhere you need to throw in "genesis" and "metamorphosis" in order to fully capture the spirit of the thing.

Somewhere you need to throw in "genesis" and "metamorphosis" in order to fully capture the spirit of the thing.

I did use genesis. Are you suggesting I'm not capable of understanding simple atmospheric dynamics? Where's your Met degree to say such a thing? I may not be working in the Met field, but dammit I know when to use genesis and when to use metamorphosis. For your further information, I didn't use metamorphosis because it would have been inappropriate for the meteorological point I was making. If you had studied enough to have a Met tag like me, you would have known that, you unwashed mass of poo. :arrowhead:

Edit: for those not in the know, this is not a real discussion.

Edit two: I just thought of something. This discussion would be great in one of those Hitler videos where he goes off on some inane tangent. I can see him pointing to the unsampled data field and then getting all in a lather over a BECS and what other Mets on here say. It would be hilarious.

I did use genesis. Are you suggesting I'm not capable of understanding simple atmospheric dynamics? Where's your Met degree to say such a thing? I may not be working in the Met field, but dammit I know when to use genesis and when to use metamorphosis. For your further information, I didn't use metamorphosis because it would have been inappropriate for the meteorological point I was making. If you had studied enough to have a Met tag like me, you would have known that, you unwashed mass of poo. :arrowhead:

Edit: for those not in the know, this is not a real discussion.

Edit two: I just thought of something. This discussion would be great in one of those Hitler videos where he goes off on some inane tangent. I can see him pointing to the unsampled data field and then getting all in a lather over a BECS and what other Mets on here say. It would be hilarious.

You did. It just wasn't bolded. I look for fancy bolded words only.

I suppose I could just resort to responding to your point by calling you a "fooking slopehead" instead as dee tee would.

How far east do you think they should make it?

Modeling from 12z had them fizzle in the western burbs. The 20z HRRR fizzles them out west of Philly as well.

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrrconus/jsloop.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr:&runTime=2011091420&plotName=3hap_sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=full&wjet=1

Archived