• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jim Cantore

TWC produced a several mets I have fond memories of. Gayle Dawson, Brian Durst were some of the first of their mets I remember, but Morrow, Cantore, Mancuso, Johnson and the irreplaceable John Hope all were essential part of my daily life back then. Especially tracking Gloria up to our LI landfall...well, with my cable out, watching VHS tapes of them that my sister recorded while she lived down south. Great memories, and Cantore was biggest weenie of them all.

I think he may be the only original member left at TWC...i admire his passion and his love of the weather...he is weenie, no doubt about it...

Although not quite original, he is the heart and soul of "the channel".

Jim Cantore was the first TV Met I ever watched that could take the scientific aspect of weather and explain it so easily that anyone could understand it. I loved the days of long form programming where he would be on during the mornings. Jim hooked up with many different people like Mark Mancuso, Jodi Saeland, Jill Brown, etc... and made the show worth watching.

I also loved how Jim would get real giddy when something big was about to happen...nothing better than to hear him during the 5 Day Business Planner talking about the threat of a snowstorm in the South.

TWC produced a several mets I have fond memories of. Gayle Dawson, Brian Durst were some of the first of their mets I remember, but Morrow, Cantore, Mancuso, Johnson and the irreplaceable John Hope all were essential part of my daily life back then. Especially tracking Gloria up to our LI landfall...well, with my cable out, watching VHS tapes of them that my sister recorded while she lived down south. Great memories, and Cantore was biggest weenie of them all.

My vhs collections is all over the place some in the crawl space some in some boxes etc. When I was young I was bad at labeling tapes. My system was just throw in the tape and see what pops up. Shame because I had taped some great WC moments, mainly the winters from early to 90s mid late 90's. Morrow, Cantore, Mancuso, Hope and Edwards I remember the most. Good times.

Archived