• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
July/August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

Any chance we can at least see the heavy rains make it through here as a semi consolidated line as it is now? No need for the severe part, right now I am just trying to squeeze as much rain out of this as possible.

I have a feeling that any kind of widespread heavy rains we will get this summer will be coming from the tropics. It just seems like that kind of summer.

So far only 0.06 here, after a measly 0.13 yesterday.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that any kind of widespread heavy rains we will get this summer will be coming from the tropics. It just seems like that kind of summer.

So far only 0.06 here, after a measly 0.13 yesterday.

Man i'd love a tropical storm to come up the coast right now. Nothing crazy wind wise because I'm sick of seeing tree damage, but I'd love to get socked in by hours and hours of windswept rain.

Haven't seen any rain yet, and radar is starting to fall apart. If we remain bone dry, we'll probably be one of the hotter areas with temps this week. Looks like NYC will see 0.5"+ w/ today's rains.

Saw that for areas south of Middlesex, but I think you'll see some of from the rain moving into the Philly area now, heading east into Mercer.

Saw that for areas south of Middlesex, but I think you'll see some of from the rain moving into the Philly area now, heading east into Mercer.

Unfortunately it looks like that action will stay sw of me. Oh well, good thing we got that 3" earlier this month. Maybe a T-storm tomorrow afternoon.

Models backed off the cloudy and damp day for Friday, that they were showing yesterday.

They are back to being mid 90's for NYC.

They did but guidance keeps the soaring heat into s-nj as you have been alluding to. Still think we see mid/upper 90s and if we remain dry the rest of the week wouldn't rule out a 100 degree reading in the usual hotter places one days. Also looks like another surge of heat tue - thu next week. Overall warmer than normal and dry.

To each his own, I enjoy that weather more i Sep/Oct than Jul or Aug. How's the euro?

I mean for night time. Daytime of 85-90 with low dew, is fine for me in summer.

Euro has no major heat, its entire run. Just 1-2 day shots of days in the mid 90's, here and there.

Overall a warm pattern, as you said, but right now, nothing very hot.

I mean for night time. Daytime of 85-90 with low dew, is fine for me in summer.

Euro has no major heat, its entire run. Just 1-2 day shots of days in the mid 90's, here and there.

Overall a warm pattern, as you said, but right now, nothing very hot.

My prediction for August is around +1

BTW Bill Evans was touting his three month forecast; he didn't show a map, but he said August-September-October are going to average above normal temp wise.

My prediction for August is around +1

BTW Bill Evans was touting his three month forecast; he didn't show a map, but he said August-September-October are going to average above normal temp wise.

Im gonna say -1 to +1 range. A fairly normal August.

Archived