EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
July/August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So true. I remember feeling like I was roasting this past February when we hit 60.

Seriously it feels like fall outside lol. Especially because it's cloudy and the london plane trees are dropping some leaves (which looks yellow brown) because it's been so dry here.

Seriously it feels like fall outside lol. Especially because it's cloudy and the london plane trees are dropping some leaves (which looks yellow brown) because it's been so dry here.

Its because dew points are only 60-61 in our location. Very refreshing with the temps only 75-80 areawide.

Thru July 24:

JFK: +5.7

NYC: +4.4

LGA: +4.0

EWR: +6.1

ISP: +3.7

it may come down a tad but not many forecasters predicted that warm of a july for us.

for those of you who think i've become too much of a heat lover..... i bring you THIS

have to use this link because the forum filter blocks out the f bomb in the url

feel free to submit as much as you have. it will only make the archive more epic.

w :snowman: w

12z GFS now supports the euro.

No major heat late this week.

By major, I mean no 95+ temps.

Tomorrow will be close to 90 and above for many. As will Friday + Saturday. But a real heat outbreak, seems less and less likely now.

Tomorrow will be close to 90 and above for many. As will Friday + Saturday. But a real heat outbreak, seems less and less likely now.

how does next Monday look, i have a 5:57am tee time.

Radar is looking good to the West for those wanting rain (me)...filling in over western Jersey and NE PA

Latest HRRR brings that batch of convection currently over NE PA through N/C NJ and into NYC by mid to late afternoon (probably after 3pm). Heaviest of which should be directed towards CNJ/PHL area. T-storm parameters are not as favorable from NYC northeastward, but some needed rains are likely.

Marine layer is a b*tch, lets see what happens.

80/70 here, certainly no marine layer. But it appears NE NJ/NYC and LI are in a completely different airmass than my area right now. You guys are truly feeling like autumn with 60F dews and temps in the 70s. CNJ is still very sultry, so I'd expect the best T-storm action to be CNJ southwestward towards PHL most likely.

80/70 here, certainly no marine layer. But it appears NE NJ/NYC and LI are in a completely different airmass than my area right now. You guys are truly feeling like autumn with 60F dews and temps in the 70s. CNJ is still very sultry, so I'd expect the best T-storm action to be CNJ southwestward towards PHL most likely.

Even lower now.

LGA is reporting 78 and a fabulous 57 degree dp.

NYC is 79/62

EWR is 80/64

JFK is 78/63

Yeah bro, totally different up here. Definite marine layer in place.

Guidance has been tetering back and forth between runs in bringing the extreme heat north of Philly but this is a hot pattern starting the end of this week and through Saturday and most guidance maintains a warm and overall dry pattern into August. I wouldnt be surprised if the 12z ecm and 18z gfs were hot again into NYC and north. 850s are in the 18 - 21 range rather than 21(+) on the 12z gfs but I think EWR and metro places get 95 + Fri and Saturday.

Guidance has been tetering back and forth between runs in bringing the extreme heat north of Philly but this is a hot pattern starting the end of this week and through Saturday and most guidance maintains a warm and overall dry pattern into August. I wouldnt be surprised if the 12z ecm and 18z gfs were hot again into NYC and north. 850s are in the 18 - 21 range rather than 21(+) on the 12z gfs but I think EWR and metro places get 95 + Fri and Saturday.

18-21 850's are for only 1-2 days on GFS. And in the extended, the entire ridge gets broken down. 0z euro kept the ridge in place and it wouldve affected us past day 10.

I would bet money that August will be below normal to maximum +1 for NYC.

I was all over this past mega heat surge, from 10 days out. But the long range, lately does not support major or sustained heat.

Of course, as you said, it can change in the next couple days.

Archived