• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upcoming MCS/s potential

Ian

nam keeps advertising one in the general region (focused north toward the md/pa border for now) sat night into sunday morn... then there's another that seems to be on its heels 24-36 hrs later. gfs has the idea of both.. maybe moreso the second. fragile.. especially the one furthest out, but the pattern supports it as shown.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LWX agrees with EON:

SHORT TERM /SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --SATURDAY NIGHT...LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS AS IT SWINGS SOUTHEAST ACROSS

NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND. MEANWHILE...SFC LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP

ALONG THE STATIONARY FRONT ACROSS THE SRN MID ATLANTIC. THEREFORE AN

EXPANSION OF THUNDERSTORMS FARTHER NORTH INTO THE LWX CWA THAN

PREVIOUSLY EXPECTED IS NOW POSSIBLE. WHILE THE SATURDAY NIGHT

ACTIVITY WILL BE PRIMARILY SOUTH OF DC...WHERE LIKELIES WERE

ENTERED...HIGH CHANCE POPS WERE ADDED TO THE BALT-WASH METRO FOR

LATE SATURDAY NIGHT. MCS ACTIVITY LOOKS LIKELY...THOUGH THE EFFECTS

OF PASSING THE APPALACHIANS ARE ALWAYS A QUESTION. AT THIS TIME IT

SEEMS LIKE THE ACTIVITY WOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD TOGETHER EAST OF THE

MOUNTAINS. MORE DETAILS AND THE SVR POTENTIAL /THE SLIGHT RISK FOR

DAY 2 END WITH THE APPALACHIANS/. MIN TEMPS UPR 60S INLAND...LOW 70S

URBAN/NEAR SHORE UNDER THICK CLOUDS.

SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY...FURTHER MCS ACTIVITY...BROADBRUSHED CHANCE

POPS FOR THUNDERSTORMS AT THIS TIME. QUESTION IS ON TIMING OF

SHORTWAVES CROSSING THE REGION. MAX TEMPS UPR 80S TO LOW

90S...DEPENDS ON CLOUDS AND STORMS. MIN TEMPS MID 60S WEST...NEAR

70F EAST.-- End Changed Discussion --

But if it doesn't happen, still blaming Ian.

So it appears the MCS potential is lowered significantly. I actually was planning on taking a drive down to film it, as i notice MCS's have alot of lightning, much more then i ever see here locally. would have been a great filming chance. I have seen some amazing lightning shots from many in the region and all of them blow away what i typically get up here.

gfs seems to like tomorrow during the day now. hard to imagine these s/w passing by can't produce something.

Ian around what time, As i previously said earlier i am willing to drive down to the region to film for some good storms. I know i am a pain in the ass at times and some dont like me but we all share our passion for the weather and the extremes it has, and i just want to be in the thick of the good stuff.

Ian around what time, As i previously said earlier i am willing to drive down to the region to film for some good storms. I know i am a pain in the ass at times and some dont like me but we all share our passion for the weather and the extremes it has, and i just want to be in the thick of the good stuff.

You know where the models are... go take a look.

I know that, I am also trying to get the perspective of the thoughts of yous in here. I dont want to waste time and money if the thing isnt gonna work out right.

I wouldnt plan on driving here for it (if anything happens). Too uncertain. I guess watch tomorrow if the GFS is right tho even that might be mainly a rain event.

LWX evening update:

However...the upper-level disturbance is expected to pass through the area overnight while the cold front stalls out near northern Virginia. Warm and humid conditions ahead of the front will provide limited instability overnight. The combination of the instability along with forcing from the upper- level disturbance will likely trigger showers and thunderstorms especially across central Virginia into lower southern Maryland after midnight. Have bumped up probability of precipitation across these areas. Instability and shear should be limited enough to prevent widespread severe T-storms from occurring. However...gusty winds...small hail and locally heavy rainfall cannot be ruled out in some of the stronger storms. Convection will be less widespread further north with little or no precipitation expected across northeastern Maryland where the atmosphere will be more stable.

LWX evening update:

However...the upper-level disturbance is expected to pass through the area overnight while the cold front stalls out near northern Virginia. Warm and humid conditions ahead of the front will provide limited instability overnight. The combination of the instability along with forcing from the upper- level disturbance will likely trigger showers and thunderstorms especially across central Virginia into lower southern Maryland after midnight. Have bumped up probability of precipitation across these areas. Instability and shear should be limited enough to prevent widespread severe T-storms from occurring. However...gusty winds...small hail and locally heavy rainfall cannot be ruled out in some of the stronger storms. Convection will be less widespread further north with little or no precipitation expected across northeastern Maryland where the atmosphere will be more stable.

:thumbsdown: we need some rain here

Archived