• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Video of my chase from 6/9/11

weatherwiz

Paul the next time you tape..try to get a perspective on the winds. For instance, focus in on a tree swaying around or something like that. It's tough to gauge how windy it is other than the sound of the wind whistling through the mic on that. It's akin to people taking random pics of snow. If you want to show how deep it is..show a car buried in it, or some sort of object to get an idea. In person, you have a much better vision on whatever you are trying to record or take a pic of, but it's harder for a bystander to get an idea.

Paul I liked your video and your enthusiasm - "dude the sky is green!"

I ended up driving up I91 around 3:30 and originally told myself that unless I see something worth driving for by the time I reach Northampton I was going to turn around and go home.

Needless to say I ended up all the way to Deerfield before turning around and going back down 91 and the sky was absolutely black up there. I took some photos on the way up before reaching the rain core but they really don't do justice as to what the sky looked like. It was extremely windy starting around Amherst and Deerfield, well let's just say between the wind and the insane rain I was lucky to not have gotten into an accident as there was so much water and debris on the road in a short period of time.

I tried to outrun the storm going back towards CT but unfortunately got stuck in traffic in Springfield and it overtook me. Did get to see a lot of CG lightning though.

*insert weenie tag here* I so wish I had emergency vehicle lighting on the top of my car so I could get all the pokey people who drive extra slow during storms (before the rain) outta my way LOL

post-3016-0-07001700-1307677373.jpg

post-3016-0-92089000-1307677386.jpg

post-3016-0-50433300-1307677596.jpg

Very nice pics!

That's the only reason I didn't go as far north as Springfield...I had a feeling there would be traffic given the time of day so I told my friend to get off in Agawam...plus from there we could take back roads all the way back to CT which we did and still got great lightning and flooding.

Very nice pics!

That's the only reason I didn't go as far north as Springfield...I had a feeling there would be traffic given the time of day so I told my friend to get off in Agawam...plus from there we could take back roads all the way back to CT which we did and still got great lightning and flooding.

yea I just couldn't help myself. I so wanted to see a good light show without the violence of last weeks' storms and I definitely saw a lot of lightning. No hailers where I was but that's fine - the last thing I need is to come home with a busted windshield and tell my husband I was out chasing again by myself. (last Wednesday I missed the tornado in Sturbridge by 60 seconds and I had driven route 19 in Brimfield not too long before the tornado blew through there. Not too smart on my part.)

yea I just couldn't help myself. I so wanted to see a good light show without the violence of last weeks' storms and I definitely saw a lot of lightning. No hailers where I was but that's fine - the last thing I need is to come home with a busted windshield and tell my husband I was out chasing again by myself. (last Wednesday I missed the tornado in Sturbridge by 60 seconds and I had driven route 19 in Brimfield not too long before the tornado blew through there. Not too smart on my part.)

I was hoping to see hail...I just told my friend if it started hailing just pull over...you don;t really want to be driving through hail at high speeds, especially if it's large.

The lightning was sick...just drove through CG's left and right.

I missed the tornado b/c I decided to score keep at a baseball game instead...which to this day was the toughest, most incorrect decision of my life.

I missed the tornado b/c I decided to score keep at a baseball game instead...which to this day was the toughest, most incorrect decision of my life.

you might have missed it Paul but I believe in karma. And karma told you to keep score - you never know, you could have chased and ended up being chased yourself right into a dead end. Literally.

I think we'll have a couple more potentially tornadic weather events in New England before the summer is through.

where in agawam were you??? I wish i knew i would have went over there.. Alot of huge branches and a tree on a house around here pretty cool storm!

Very nice pics!

wish i knew i would have met up with you or invited you here! next time

Yeah definitely.

I kind of can't believe I never thought of that area before...there's actually quite a few places with great views. Our first intentions were to just go up 91 as far as we could until we got inside the storms but when we got on 84 here in Hartford there was a quite a bit of traffic and I was shocked...it was only 3 PM but I guess there was some small accident but the two cars were pulled over two the side but there were two state cops so that's why people were probably going slow.

Even 91 had some traffic...so I thought then we should just go to BDL but then it popped into my head we could go to Agawam.

Uploading a video right now....420 mb and 20 minutes remaining lol

I think I caught 40-45mph or so gusts, probably missed the peak gusts (50 or a little higher) in this particular video. There are several decent size limbs down on the hillside, around 6" diameter. I guess it's not really that impressive but not too shabby for SNE. I had given the event a solid "B" for here, but it's probably more like a B- in retrospect.

those are pretty solid winds

end of june unless i take the job in vermont, which is a good chance. ive got to decide in the next week.

either way ill be spending more time in new england.

Yeah those were pretty awesome, especially since they were picking up sand and blowing it right at us...kind of hurt.

Good luck!

Archived