Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some weak rotation in that storm earlier, not sure about now.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BINGHAMTON NY

359 PM EDT FRI JUL 29 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHEASTERN LACKAWANNA COUNTY IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

SOUTHEASTERN SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

CENTRAL WAYNE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL 445 PM EDT.

* AT 358 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR ROYAL...

MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

* THE STORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

FOREST CITY BY 410 PM EDT...

CARBONDALE BY 415 PM EDT...

WAYMART BY 420 PM EDT...

I am just in Southern Dutchess-dark and rain here. Hopefully that cell that's tornado warned tracks south of here. We just got back from near Utica-we were in front of these storms all afternoon driving back. It's rumbling pretty good right now-will update if we start seeing hail like we've seen in the past few storms.

Any hail reports out there towards Newburgh? Decent hail core looks to have passed within Washingtonville/Maybrook moving toward Vails gate.

Nothing here at all except some heavy rain and Thunder...not even any wind. I am a few miles east of Washingtonville and 2 miles south of Vails Gate.

My folks in eastern new windsor, along the river, just had rain. I picked up .91" here so far, just some leaves and small twigs blown down IMBY

Not much here in New Windsor. Tried hard as hell to catch up to it from out in Pa. When I left work at 3:30 there was the descrete cell that popped up and started to move e/ne. It turned into a good right turner. The line to the west caught up with it and turned it to the southeast. Listend to the play by play on WCBS 880am with Craig Allen. That guy is great!! :thumbsup:

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=6&delay=15&rbscale=0.18478260869565216&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=OKX&type=N0R&lat=41.47019958&lon=-74.07006073&label=New%20Windsor,%20NY&showstorms=10&map.x=276.5&map.y=190.5&centerx=400&centery=240&lightning=0&smooth=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

I got hit good. No power trees down, looks like downburst wind to me. Crazy c2g lightning. Had second hand reports of build collapse near hasbrook and craigville rd as well as a fd reported tornado in the area of Goshen/blooming grove/Washingtonville. I cannot confirm those reports. Only the damage to my area. The damage path is right along craigville rd, on both sides

I am on my iPad spotty with Verizon service ( that's normal )

I was beginning to wonder about you since there was a report of a roof blown off a house in Goshen. Glad you're ok!

Power back a few minutes ago.

I had a chance to drive around before dark in my area before I drove to Lowes for flashlights. The wind damage area is along a narrow corridor along Craigville Road, about 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile wide in places. Tree damage starts at the corner of Old Craigville Road and Craigville Road in the Village of Goshen and works east along Craigville Road from there. The area outside of the damage corridor has not so much as a stray leaf on the road, weird for sure. I was stuck on Rt 207 trying to turn on to Craigville when it hit and seen the traffic lights go dark. C2G was hitting all around, My daughter said all hell broke out for a brief period during which, the damage occured and the lights went out. My tomato plants were all blown straight down along their cages. I found lots of tree debris jammed in and pushed down the center in the tomato cages, the nearest tree is 100 feet away.

Luckily I did not see any prop damage, just a mess that needs to be cleaned up. We dodged a bullet tonight.

The second hand reports were relayed to me from a FD guy via txt, I can't vouch for the accuracy. It might have been dispatched as noted above and found to be something else. Judging by the damage and the all hell breaking out description, I can see how a non-geek would think it was atornado.

I took some picture but they didn’t come out well for some reason, I’ll see if I can clean them up in PS tomorrow.

Yesterdays reports

2120 125 BLOOMING GROVE ORANGE NY 41.41 -74.2 HALF DOLLAR SIZE HAIL IN BLOOMING GROVE.(OKX)

2053 UNK 1 NNW SCOTCHTOWN ORANGE NY 41.48 -74.37 LARGE TREE DOWN AT INTERSECTION OF JOHNS ROADAND HOWARD DRIVE. (OKX)

2100 UNK GOSHEN ORANGE NY 41.4 -74.33 ROOFDAMAGE TO HOUSE IN GOSHEN. (OKX)

2105 UNK GOSHEN ORANGE NY 41.4 -74.33 TREESAND LARGE LIMBS DOWN WITH POWER OUTAGES IN GOSHEN. (OKX)

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

744 AM EDT SAT JUL 30 2011

...PRELIMINARY STORM SURVEYS SCHEDULED FOR ORANGE AND WESTCHESTER

COUNTIES NEW YORK...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE IN NEW YORK NY WILL CONDUCT STORM

SURVEYS IN ORANGE AND WESTCHESTER COUNTIES NEW YORK. THE SURVEY IS

IN RELATION TO THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THAT MOVED THROUGH THE

AREA YESTERDAY...JULY 29TH.

A FINAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDING RESULTS OF THE SURVEY ARE EXPECTED TO

BE COMPLETED AND TRANSMITTED VIA A PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT BY

LATE TODAY.