• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Hudson Valley Thread

I honestly have to say that this is the worst ive seen it here in my 16 yrs in Orange County.. I cant drive more than 1/2 mile without being detoured cause of flooding. My drive from Middletown to Monroe on Rt.17 was quite an adventure. Past Exit 126 (Eastbound) it was a raging river on the highway. Had to turn into oncoming traffic just to get out since water was rushing in from all directions. Rt.32 from Highland Mills- Cornwall is the worst ive seen. The Moodna Creek looks like the Colorado River right now and has washed out most of 32. The green bridge on 32 in Cornwall is closed for fear of it being washed away as well... My folks have 4ft of water in their basement and lost a car to water damage from the Moodna Creek this morning.

Glad you made it in one piece, Rt 17 is close down now. Insane day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing second hand about 4-6 teens who decided to tube the Wallkill up in Ulster County. I guess 2 were rescued...the only sign of the others has been an empty life vest and tube...

Here in New Windsor, The rear entrance to Old Forge Hill Rd is closed and the bridge going over the Moodna creek has been damaged and closed. There is a house right next to the creek that only has about 20 feet of enbankment left before the home falls in. The owners car fell in around 3:00 thats when there was 20 feet left. There was about 100 feet before. Also the rear entrance to Butter hill lost alot of bankment and trees. There is one house also close to falling in. Don't know what the status is now. The police are keeping it blocked off.

I honestly have to say that this is the worst ive seen it here in my 16 yrs in Orange County.. I cant drive more than 1/2 mile without being detoured cause of flooding. My drive from Middletown to Monroe on Rt.17 was quite an adventure. Past Exit 126 (Eastbound) it was a raging river on the highway. Had to turn into oncoming traffic just to get out since water was rushing in from all directions. Rt.32 from Highland Mills- Cornwall is the worst ive seen. The Moodna Creek looks like the Colorado River right now and has washed out most of 32. The green bridge on 32 in Cornwall is closed for fear of it being washed away as well... My folks have 4ft of water in their basement and lost a car to water damage from the Moodna Creek this morning.

I live in Cornwall and the flooding is unbelievable. I was at the the bridge over the moodna on 32 and just stood there in awe. Right off 32 by black rock the Taylor rd bridge is gone and the bridge over the moodna on pleasant hill rd is washed out too. I also heard the bridge on forge hill rd in new Windsor is washed out. People on the east side of 32 in Cornwall have no way to get out due to 32, 9w, and 218 being closed.

I've been hearing things all over. Heard that Mariner's Harbor had it's window's blown out, deck is partially gone. Gully's on the Hudson in now sitting on the river's bed. Down in Beacon, they've had to rescue people who were trapped off Old Town Road since the creek went over it's banks and the road went under. There were numerous rescues this morning for people who insisted on driving through flooded roadways and got trapped. I've friends who've been at one station since early morning with no respite in site for the fire departments. Beacon also had roadways washed away-one fire truck was stuck in a washed out road. We walked down to the Fishkill Creek earlier by Walmart and it had already jumped the banks by 3pm. I imagine Elm Street and Rt.9 there is going to be under when it peaks. It's a mess all around. Going to make for a challenging start to our school year this week-some schools in Dutchess and Orange County start Thursday. I'll be busy re-routing buses around road closures on top of road work that's been on going. Stay safe everyone!

post-4135-0-73377000-1314583321.jpg

I live in Cornwall and the flooding is unbelievable. I was at the the bridge over the moodna on 32 and just stood there in awe. Right off 32 by black rock the Taylor rd bridge is gone and the bridge over the moodna on pleasant hill rd is washed out too. I also heard the bridge on forge hill rd in new Windsor is washed out. People on the east side of 32 in Cornwall have no way to get out due to 32, 9w, and 218 being closed.

Also according to Town of new windsor's website. Rte 9w is closed in both directions at the Moodna creek bridge. So it seems like every bridge thea goes over the creek are closed. No way out. :thumbsdown:

fyi from thr - Central Hudson reports that customers who are experiencing power outages may go to Orange Lake (Dan Leghorn) Firehouse located at 408 South Plank Road in the Town of Newburgh for dry ice and bottled water distribution. Call 800-527-2714 for more information

Our tenant in Saugerties (Ulster) just got his power back a couple hours ago after about 34 hours out......

My final rainfall up here in nw Albany County was 6.5 inches. Gorgeous day today in the upper 60's.

http://www.recordonl...EWS51/110829756

TOWN-BY-TOWN CHART: Nearly one-third of mid-Hudson Valley residents without power

Almost six-in-ten Ulster County residents don't have electricity

snywx did your power come back?

Got my power back this afternoon. Measured 6.57 inches of rain. Went down to the Strand in Kingston with my mom yesterday to see the flooding. Pretty impressive. Tons of people were lining the bridge taking pictures. Here is what it looked like:

Looking east:

rondou10.jpg

Looking west:

rondou13.jpg

Rosita's restaurant:

rosita14.jpg

Nice pics. :)

For those you further south, that is the Rondout Creek, containing the water of the Wallkill River which dumps into it a bit south of there. So there is all the floood waters almost ready to hit the Hudson River.

Got my power back this afternoon. Measured 6.57 inches of rain. Went down to the Strand in Kingston with my mom yesterday to see the flooding. Pretty impressive. Tons of people were lining the bridge taking pictures. Here is what it looked like:

Looking east:

Nice find rob.

Traveling on the newly reopened thruway this morning it is clear that the road was close to being undermined and washed out in some sections.The high-water mark on the trees around to road appears to be 6 feet in sections plus a nice flood/mudslide occurred around exit 15

Archived