Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have power? lol... I lost power at 2am. Currently using my tethered phone for internet access on my comp. 6.09" of rain so far and the highest gust here has been 45mph..

So far so good here. A quick check of the O&R website indicates about 3000 customers out of service in the Town of Wallkill atm.No repair ETA

THENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WARNING FOR THEWALLKILL RIVER AT GARDINER... HEAVY RAIN FROM HURRICANE IRENE CONTINUES TO FALLACROSS THE REGION. THE RAIN WILL TAPER OFF LATER THIS MORNING AS IRENE STARTSTO MOVE INTO NEW ENGLAND. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON, NY HAS ISSUEDA * FLOOD WARNING FOR THE WALLKILL RIVER AT GARDINER * FROM THIS MORNING UNTILTUESDAY MORNING * AT 7 AM SUNDAY THE STAGE WAS...9.1 FEET * RECORD FLOODING ISFORECAST * FLOOD STAGE IS 13.0 FEET * THIS CREST COMPARES TO A PREVIOUS CRESTOF 19.8 FEET ON OCT 16 1955.

post-463-0-66613700-1314533075.jpg

The new forecast for the river just got much worse 24.8'

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=okx&gage=grdn6&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1"

Any of you guys hear if there is flooding along the Delaware such as Port Jervis? I had someone on facebook ask me that.

4.5" here as of 30 mins ago. Lashing NE winds and heavy rain yet.

This is a summary of the 911 storm calls so far, I wouldn't trust the paper to be complete but I see nothing for PJ listed

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110828/NEWS/110829801

Any of you guys hear if there is flooding along the Delaware such as Port Jervis? I had someone on facebook ask me that.

4.5" here as of 30 mins ago. Lashing NE winds and heavy rain yet.

I don't think the Delaware will be a problem but the Neversink, which joins the Delaware near Port, is in rough shape.

TRAFFIC ALERT UPDATE CLOSED TO TRAFFIC I-87, NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY, SOUTHBOUND EXIT 24-EXIT 12

Closed to traffic I-87 Southbound between milepost 148.1 - 18.7, From Exit 24 (Albany I-90/I-87) and Exit 12 (Nyack), all southbound traffic is currently banned between Exit 24 and Exit 12.

Updated Sunday 08/28 at 12:38 PM

TRAFFIC ALERT UPDATE CLOSED TO TRAFFIC I-87 - NYS THRUWAY NORTHBOUND FROM MILEPOST 11.3 TO 101.3 BETWEEN EXIT 8 AND EXIT 20

Closed to traffic I-87 - NYS Thruway northbound from milepost 11.3 to 101.3 between exit 8 (I-287, Cross Westchester Expressway) and exit 20 (Saugerties), all northbound traffic is currently banned between Exit 8 and Exit 20, including the Northbound Tappan Zee Bridge

It won't quit here... Moderate showery rain snow on gusty northwest winds. 6.5" total, but to my south in the northern Catskills it has been epic. 13"+ in in several areas.

This is a summary of the 911 storm calls so far, I wouldn't trust the paper to be complete but I see nothing for PJ listed

http://www.recordonl.../NEWS/110829801

It won't quit here... Moderate showery rain snow on gusty northwest winds. 6.5" total, but to my south in the northern Catskills it has been epic. 13"+ in in several areas.

Rick the wind really kicked in here hours after Irene 'stopped'

Brief recap of major transportation issues in Orange

NYS Thruway Closed ALB to the Tap

Rt 17 and Rt 17M Flooded, water rescues of people in cars on highway & exit and entrance ramps

Metro North - tracks washed out between sloatsburg and tuxedo

Numerous roads washed out, blocked with mud, trees, wires,bridges closed.

I honestly have to say that this is the worst ive seen it here in my 16 yrs in Orange County.. I cant drive more than 1/2 mile without being detoured cause of flooding. My drive from Middletown to Monroe on Rt.17 was quite an adventure. Past Exit 126 (Eastbound) it was a raging river on the highway. Had to turn into oncoming traffic just to get out since water was rushing in from all directions. Rt.32 from Highland Mills- Cornwall is the worst ive seen. The Moodna Creek looks like the Colorado River right now and has washed out most of 32. The green bridge on 32 in Cornwall is closed for fear of it being washed away as well... My folks have 4ft of water in their basement and lost a car to water damage from the Moodna Creek this morning.

Brief recap of major transportation issues in Orange

NYS Thruway Closed ALB to the Tap

Rt 17 and Rt 17M Flooded, water rescues of people in cars on highway & exit and entrance ramps

Metro North - tracks washed out between sloatsburg and tuxedo

Numerous roads washed out, blocked with mud, trees, wires,bridges closed.

Rt 17 now CLOSED between exit 126 Chester and the NYS Thruway both directions

Archived