• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Summer Thread

Those graphics are great. Thanks for those - can't wait to see more as we get unto winter storms.

Yeah had a nice shower around 12:30, it wants to rain in HBG and looking at radar ... she'll get her wish.

Irene loves land - she looks better when over land than in open water; she did the same thing over Puerto Rico earlier. It'll be a Cat 1 when it his Jersey because so much got inland in NC. A really unique storm, no doubt.

Its amazing the models have been able to pick up on that. Made no sense, but some runs were deepening the storm as it crossed NC.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... I'm beginning to wonder if HBG will see more than 2". Radar shows rain overhead yet nothing has fallen for a few hours. Virga much?

At least you're under something...

I doubt we see 2.00" at this point here. SPC WRF only gives us light rain tomorrow morning.

EDIT: That was yesterday's map I think. Yikes. My fail. Still, 2.00" may be a a struggle.

... I'm beginning to wonder if HBG will see more than 2". Radar shows rain overhead yet nothing has fallen for a few hours. Virga much?

Its a real fine mist here. Definitely has this tropical feel to it. Damn sticky out there.

Going to be hitting the ridge tops tonight. Lookout Point provides roughly 1300ft of elevation with a clear view out of the South/Southeast.

Wish I had ordered that new propeller for my cheapo kestrel.

Yeah, this thing fired up a little more than I thought it would. Getting our little mini-taste of Irene.

I guess now we shall see how close that rain shield gets to AOO/UNV overnight and tomorrow morning. Just noticed 21z HRRR punches the western side deep into PA.

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrrconus/jsloop.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr:&runTime=2011082721&plotName=cref_t3sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR Model Fields&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3&wjet=1

I guess now we shall see how close that rain shield gets to AOO/UNV overnight and tomorrow morning. Just noticed 21z HRRR punches the western side deep into PA.

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrrconus/jsloop.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr:&runTime=2011082721&plotName=cref_t3sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR Model Fields&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3&wjet=1

15z SREFS and 18z NAM were also significantly west, but looking at the radar trends, I'm not sure I buy it yet. The back edge of the shield is not making much (if any) progress towards us at the moment.

Pouring here in Red Lion....Wish we would see a bit more action though...10-15mph winds? It's like a summertime thunderstorm but without the thunder and lightning

The center is roughly 350 miles away. So as the center approaches, even inland, low lying areas, winds will start picking up into the 30's.

The thing that sucks is this may be well on its way to our NE by the time daylight happens.

Nothing but night storms here lately.

15z SREFS and 18z NAM were also significantly west, but looking at the radar trends, I'm not sure I buy it yet. The back edge of the shield is not making much (if any) progress towards us at the moment.

Yea, i'm thinking it'll be late in the game when it may attempt to overrun our immediate area for a time and perhaps deliver a couple hour period of steady rain to perhaps places on a line from say Bedford to Huntingdon to Bellefonte. It is interesting how things are coming west a bit. But the 21z and now 22z HRRR is going a step further and delivering heavier rain all the way back almost to Johnstown... with the 22z giving a solid .5-1" to AOO/UNV through the 15hr period with moderate rain still lingering at hour 15. HRRR seems like it can be hit or miss with events, but it's been sneaking that shield west throughout today.

This is boring, when do the winter shafts start up so I can get pissed about something that I can't control? ;)

Last few frames of nexrad is showing that heavier rain is starting to make a press into the Harrisburg area.

:lol:

It feels like winter...epic weather off to our east while we're left snoozing...

Red-taggers, when can we expect actual rain to get in here...and not like 30sec showers?

It should be soon, I know the radar movement is comparable to watching the grass grow.. but you'll be socked in within the next hour or two. And actually, like with Candersons neck of woods.. the last couple frames have showed a surge.

Yea, i'm thinking it'll be late in the game when it may attempt to overrun our immediate area for a time and perhaps deliver a couple hour period of steady rain to perhaps places on a line from say Bedford to Huntingdon to Bellefonte. It is interesting how things are coming west a bit. But the 21z and now 22z HRRR is going a step further and delivering heavier rain all the way back almost to Johnstown... with the 22z giving a solid .5-1" to AOO/UNV through the 15hr period with moderate rain still lingering at hour 15. HRRR seems like it can be hit or miss with events, but it's been sneaking that shield west throughout today.

Will be interesting to see had the radar unfolds in the coming hours. I've been watching that bright band of yellow push pretty steadily northwestward towards Harrisburg in the last hour.

:lol:

It feels like winter...epic weather off to our east while we're left snoozing...

Red-taggers, when can we expect actual rain to get in here...and not like 30sec showers?

Last few frames of nexrad is showing that heavier rain is starting to make a press into the Harrisburg area.

It should be soon, I know the radar movement is comparable to watching the grass grow.. but you'll be socked in within the next hour or two. And actually, like with Candersons neck of woods.. the last couple frames have showed a surge.

PSUHazle, NWS has you guys getting most of your rain after midnight, so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it. I note the surge also.

Archived