Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Summer Thread

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it. I thought it was lightning out, but no, those were transformers blowing. Did not expect wind to be like this back here. Guess it makes sense when you see Richmond guesting to 71 and DCA going to 59, higher than Isabel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ran down 4 blocks to a gas station. Looks very much like carlisle did after those straight line winds in June, maybe worse. Power is out for the fourth time this evening. Trees and large branches are down on houses and cars. Between PPL and Met Ed we are fast approaching 150,000 homes, not people, without power just in Dauphin, Cumberland, york, and Lancaster counties.

I paid hardly any attention to the media before this one, so I have no idea what the local mets were predicting. I have only been in the Cumberland County area since 1995, but this storm seems way worse in the camp hill area than any other tropical system I experienced here. I have a feeling people are going to be surprised what they wake up to here.

Power still on here just outside of East Petersburg. A lot of 1 - 2" branches laying around the area but nothing more than that from what I saw.

Lancaster Airport shows 2.55" so far. Seems a little low but from the radar, perhaps another 0.5" - 1" to go so within the 3 - 5" predicted.

And to think we're just experiencing middle range tropical storm conditions.

A neighbor up my street a block has 3 big old trees down. 2 managed to land on his neighbors house, the third on his neighbors car. Talk about having a rough night. I guess it's good and bad that his neighbor is out of town all weekend.

I have no idea why so many big trees came down in this area around my parents house. Not sure when the last wind event was here that would have taken out weak trees. Add in super satuated soil here from the past week with full foliage on the trees, and I guess it was just too much

Somehow still have power. Roughly 5am had a scary turn of events as a 4 inch diameter branch broke off the tree and rolled into the bedroom window. The noise woke me up. Decided I was going to heed that warning and I relocated into the basement.

Quick walk around the house, and the only structure damage I saw so far was some siding got peeled off.

The Gap officially measured a high gust of 44mph.

I was in Carlisle for the microburst in June, and it all happened so fast you really didn't have time to be scared. This storm the actual peak wind was much lower, but it was the shear duration and the fact that each round felt stronger and stronger did a number on my nerves.

I think I will have the image and sounds of the one band that hit around 5 am with me for awhile. Nothing quite like staring into pitch blackness and hearing the wind increase as you see the blue flashes in the distance of transformers exploding like dominoes toward you until one exploads close enough to hear. Add in the sound of trees crashing and I ended up a bit unnerved

Somehow I managed to sleep through all of it. No visible damage to my house, power is still on in midtown Harrisburg. Was supposed to be a driving into NYC today. Going to take a wait and see approach on that.. Looks like an official landfall is occurring in the city as we speak.

Had the pleasure of watching several transformers blow and light up the sky in electric blue...Power went off about 6 times but then came back on. Comcast Internet was out the longest (go figure)..but no damage here, no trees down (how I dont know the wind is crazy)....Not sure how much rain, I'd say probably around 3-4"..interesting storm to say the least..

Archived