Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
18z Models 12/1/10

LVblizzard

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to me it doesnt look like its digging as much to me, the back side of the energy is flatter, which won't pump as much ridge out ahead of it

It's pretty much the same if you ask me..the shortwave is a bit more amplified and it's also important to note the ridging is better positioned back over the intermountain west as well.

Very consistent from the NAM. Signaling a nice stripe of moderate snow from the ohio valley across to the Delmarva.

Something has to change with the modeled longwave trof to our north for this thing to affect areas north of Mason-Dixon. We need the whole structure to shift northward or larger spacing/longer wavelength. Or maybe a slightly sharper s/w ridge between the two systems could raise heights just enough to nudge everything northward. The block isn't going to suddenly relax, so largescale changes are likely to be minor.

Unfortunately the SREF members are mostly less impressive than the op NAM. It's difficult to imagine where this thing has room to improve. Chances are the NAM will swing back towards other guidance, but it's exciting to track nonetheless.

Very consistent from the NAM. Signaling a nice stripe of moderate snow from the ohio valley across to the Delmarva.

Something has to change with the modeled longwave trof to our north for this thing to affect areas north of Mason-Dixon. We need the whole structure to shift northward or larger spacing/longer wavelength. Or maybe a slightly sharper s/w ridge between the two systems could raise heights just enough to nudge everything northward. The block isn't going to suddenly relax, so largescale changes are likely to be minor.

Unfortunately the SREF members are mostly less impressive than the op NAM. It's difficult to imagine where this thing has room to improve. Chances are the NAM will swing back towards other guidance, but it's exciting to track nonetheless.

yea i agree, i think 0z you will see this start to swing south more so, but it still creates excitement, even though most of probably think its out to lunch, unless the 18z gfs comes in better.

yea i agree, i think 0z you will see this start to swing south more so, but it still creates excitement, even though most of probably think its out to lunch, unless the 18z gfs comes in better.

Yeah. A significant move by the GFS would be huge. But I think the GFS and NAM will eventually edge toward each other. The DC area has a decent shot with this.

Archived