wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Cut Off Low obs and disco:

NaoPos

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models are struggling mightily...instability is lacking somewhat and the mechanism to lift (frontal/marine boundary) is much weaker than the NAM and others had it. NAM is busting something fierce on temps and rain around Philly today.

IMO the weather still sucked today with or without rain. Its as dark as an afternoon in November outside, and the breeze isn't making it feel any nicer :)

Regardless on whether we get 3+ inches of rain, over an inch has fallen across most of PA already since the weekend, and that's enough for a week if you ask me.

This closed low is playing havoc with our forecast. :thumbsdown: An area of showers (thunder farther out) is finally making some northwest progress now off the ocean. We shall see how things unfold through the night.

Mike, If the closed low does move further west, I hope you guys are planning to issue flash flood warnings. Another inch or two of rain will all runoff. The ground is almost completely saturated. As I stated in another thread, reminds me of the conditions prior to Agnes with closed lows sitting over us for days . The only saving grace that it is still in middle of May and hurricane season has not started. If this weather pattern continues into June we may be in trouble.

Mike, If the closed low does move further west, I hope you guys are planning to issue flash flood warnings. Another inch or two of rain will all runoff. The ground is almost completely saturated. As I stated in another thread, reminds me of the conditions prior to Agnes with closed lows sitting over us for days . The only saving grace that it is still in middle of May and hurricane season has not started. If this weather pattern continues into June we may be in trouble.

We continue to monitor the flood threat and there is a flood watch that remains in effect. The closed low is forecast to move over our area later this week before exiting to the east around Saturday. The moisture plume is finally now coming ashore with new development quickly taking place in central/southern New Jersey as short wave energy approaches from the south.

We continue to monitor the flood threat and there is a flood watch that remains in effect. The closed low is forecast to move over our area later this week before exiting to the east around Saturday. The moisture plume is finally now coming ashore with new development quickly taking place in central/southern New Jersey as short wave energy approaches from the south.

TY Mike. Always a great analysis

This closed low is playing havoc with our forecast. :thumbsdown: An area of showers (thunder farther out) is finally making some northwest progress now off the ocean. We shall see how things unfold through the night.

the mid level flow isn't helping matters much...seemed to be pushing moisture more north and less northwest yesterday.

And from Mt. Holly:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

1014 AM EDT WED MAY 18 2011

DEZ001>004-MDZ008-012-015-019-020-NJZ016>027-PAZ067-070-071-

181615-

NEW CASTLE-KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-CECIL-KENT MD-

QUEEN ANNES-TALBOT-CAROLINE-SALEM-GLOUCESTER-CAMDEN-

NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-OCEAN-CUMBERLAND-ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY-

ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC-COASTAL OCEAN-

SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-CHESTER-DELAWARE-PHILADELPHIA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WILMINGTON...DOVER...GEORGETOWN...

REHOBOTH BEACH...ELKTON...CHESTERTOWN...CENTREVILLE...EASTON...

DENTON...PENNSVILLE...GLASSBORO...CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...

MOORESTOWN...MOUNT HOLLY...JACKSON...MILLVILLE...HAMMONTON...

CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...OCEAN CITY...ATLANTIC CITY...

LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST...WEST CHESTER...MEDIA...

PHILADELPHIA

1014 AM EDT WED MAY 18 2011

...RAINS WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR INDICATES THAT AN AREA OF RAIN WILL

CONTINUE ACROSS THE DELMARVA AREA AND ALSO MOVE ACROSS SOUTHEAST

PENNSYLVANIA AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY THROUGH THE EARLY AFTERNOON.

THE RAINS WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES. YOU CAN EXPECT POOR DRAINAGE

FLOODING AND FIELD FLOODING WITH THE HEAVY RAINS. BEWARE OF

PONDING OF WATER ON ROADS AS WELL AND REDUCE YOUR SPEED DURING THE

RAINS.

$$

Archived