• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
6z Nam/12z NAM

stormtracker

Interesting at 84 hours. Sure, its the Nam. Its 6z for God's sake...but it sort of has some support from the 0z Euro's stronger depiction of the s/w. I dunno..its 430 am...cut me some slack

Yes it is interesting. I can't sleep either. The rain is about to beat my roof in. Also, I share the same sickness as many here. I'm already hoping for snow, ALL OF THE TIME!

I realize it's the NAM, and it's God forsaken at that, but I kinda think the implied track makes more sense than the sw KY -> CLT -> HAT path. I guess that'd be "good" for us, but I don't at all buy the old EC ideas of the inverted trof and moisture toss back. So, good for a dusting I guess.

Of course any time I've tried to bet against the EC inside of 84hr I've been proven a fool, and this is awfully close to inside 84.

The 06Z nam and the euro look interesting. Did the euro actually give us precip, it looks like it should have but with the crappy graphics, I can't tell.

Midlo quoted this in the Richmond thread:

there's a strip of 0.25-0.50" amounts across North Carolina to North Central Virgina. DC probably gets less than 0.10". The phase is literally a frame or two late. The storm then hooks and retrogrades into the Gulf of Maine.

:o

From Wes:

The 03Z sref runs also showed quite a few members that would threaten the dc area. It's too early to whether the storm will be a dud like on last night's GFS, a euro dusting for DC but better snow for midlo or the nam which looks like it would hit my house but the NAM would rock my and Ji's world.

Stay tuned for another CWG article. It might be needed.

I don't like the track since the 850 low looks to go right over Northern VA on this run but someone could see 2 to 4 inches if this would happen like the NAM shows.

If I remember was Wes and others have said, you usually want to be just north of the 850 low for the heaviest snows... or am I wrong?

Archived