• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
6z Nam/12z NAM

stormtracker

I don't like the track since the 850 low looks to go right over Northern VA on this run but someone could see 2 to 4 inches if this would happen like the NAM shows.

It'd move ESE from the 84 hr postion thanks to the confluence to the North. We'd be OK if it played out as advertized.

I don't like the track since the 850 low looks to go right over Northern VA on this run but someone could see 2 to 4 inches if this would happen like the NAM shows.

Actually, I think the low would be forced southeast as it comes over the mountains, That's a pretty standard thing that happens to a system crossing the mountains. there is confluence to the north and the upper level winds indicate that the 500 vort is still digging. Of course, there is no way to know whether the mdoel is correct or not as the shortwave still has not entered the conus so I'd expect the models to continue to waffle back and forth concerning the storm.

Actually, I think the low would be forced southeast as it comes over the mountains, That's a pretty standard thing that happens to a system crossing the mountains. there is confluence to the north and the upper level winds indicate that the 500 vort is still digging. Of course, there is no way to know whether the mdoel is correct or not as the shortwave still has not entered the conus so I'd expect the models to continue to waffle back and forth concerning the storm.

It's following the euro, but a little more aggressive with the s/w in question. Good point about the s/w continuing to dig. There's some nice inflow on the NAM, down that way.

It's following the euro, but a little more aggressive with the s/w in question. Good point about the s/w continuing to dig. There's some nice inflow on the NAM, down that way.

Right now< I stil go with the euro solution as I mentioned in another thread, it's a 84 hr nam with the shortwave that produces the storm still in the pacific. The sref members show solutions from ones like the NAM to some like the gfs and other permutations in between the two extreme camps. The best bet is just to introduce the chance of light snow in the extended and then drift towards whichever of the solutions the models eventually converge upon.

Right now< I stil go with the euro solution as I mentioned in another thread, it's a 84 hr nam with the shortwave that produces the storm still in the pacific. The sref members show solutions from ones like the NAM to some like the gfs and other permutations in between the two extreme camps. The best bet is just to introduce the chance of light snow in the extended and then drift towards whichever of the solutions the models eventually converge upon.

Well it sure will be interesting to see what the 12z runs do. Good luck down that way. 12/5 seems to be the magic date for whatever reason. Somebody needs to play the lottery that day...lol.

The Nam is the furtherst north and also the warmest with the weekend system. Also, it has a warm nose right up the western apps to Ohio ahead of the clipper. Typically with a LP in that location that is the case but, not always with a clipper type one. Yes, most of the snow generally falls north of it as with other Lp's but can also produce heavy bands to the south and east of the track.

Hopefully, that will be the case with this if the Nams track were to be realized for our sake back this way, or we will be looking at just back side and upslope snow.

Archived