wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Debunking the AGW Theory?

BethesdaWX

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how can you make mortgage payments, cover utilities, property taxes, food, etc., if you are, by your own admission, unemployed?

I have a bunch of emmerson stock I sell, family tradition, stocks have been gifted down the family line.

Emmerson has done well since 2008 too, but not sure it will last, Japan Eathquake hurt it a bit.

but I'm ok for now

I have a bunch of emmerson stock I sell, family tradition, stocks have been gifted down the family line.

Emmerson has done well since 2008 too, but not sure it will last, Japan Eathquake hurt it a bit.

but I'm ok for now

But it got crushed after 1st half of 2008, so it is essentially flat since start of 2008.

post-577-0-74403600-1303314691.gif

But it got crushed after 1st half of 2008, so it is essentially flat since start of 2008.

post-577-0-74403600-1303314691.gif

I was more referring to the rebounding after the drop in 08.... thus "since" 2008... more generally

I wasn't knowledgable at all regarding my stocks at age 15/16, but if that happened again today, I'd be freakin out

Why don't you diversify your investments?

Well several things actually

1) I was not informed of the actual amount of stock I had until I turned 18, and that was a very large amount of stock gifted to me, I didn't buy it obviously. The Emerson stock actually is oriented from part of my Family long ago before we sold it (or something a ong time ago that I dont know about), so its passed along in the family.

2) I have some stocks in other companies such as Mcdonalds (lol) that I purchased in August, figuring that people go to places such as that for cheaper food during a recession, thus the stock would increase in value somewhat.

3) Since Emerson has been skyrocketing pretty good for awhile, and I have enough, I haven'tfelt the need to do anything drastic regarding Diversification.

Well several things actually

1) I was not informed of the actual amount of stock I had until I turned 18, and that was a very large amount of stock gifted to me, I didn't buy it obviously. The Emerson stock actually is oriented from part of my Family long ago before we sold it (or something a ong time ago that I dont know about), so its passed along in the family.

2) I have some stocks in other companies such as Mcdonalds (lol) that I purchased in August, figuring that people go to places such as that for cheaper food during a recession, thus the stock would increase in value somewhat.

3) Since Emerson has been skyrocketing pretty good for awhile, and I have enough, I haven'tfelt the need to do anything drastic regarding Diversification.

You really should see an investment advisor. Your current strategy sounds extremely risky and unwise.

You really should see an investment advisor. Your current strategy sounds extremely risky and unwise.

I'm not as knowledgable as you or most adults on how to invest properly, I've basically just used what was available to me in the past 8 months :P I'm only 18.

Do you recommend anyone, specifics, etc?

I'm not as knowledgable as you or most adults on how to invest properly, I've basically just used what was available to me in the past 8 months :P I'm only 18.

Do you recommend anyone, specifics, etc?

Go find a copy of Washington Checkbook or the Washingtonian and look up the top ranked financial advisors. Interview a couple and find one that you like. They'll cost a bit of money, but it's a no-brainer for someone like you who is still learning about investing.

I've used these folks: http://www.moneyplans.com/about.htm on occasion, and have been very pleased.

I know we all joke around on here, but please heed this advice. You sound like you are on the brink of making some real bad financial decisions that you will regret for the rest of your life.

ladies and gentlemen, the next gordon gekko!

Go find a copy of Washington Checkbook or the Washingtonian and look up the top ranked financial advisors. Interview a couple and find one that you like. They'll cost a bit of money, but it's a no-brainer for someone like you who is still learning about investing.

I've used these folks: http://www.moneyplans.com/about.htm on occasion, and have been very pleased.

I know we all joke around on here, but please heed this advice. You sound like you are on the brink of making some real bad financial decisions that you will regret for the rest of your life.

I will do just that. You're actually not the first one to tell me this. Sometimes I'm not very motivated.

Can we get back to the AGW theory please?

This is just another failed attempt to cast doubt on the existence of Earth's greenhouse effect, which is central to AGW. It was not the first attempt and it won't be the last. The denial/doubt machine will never give up on continued attacks on science and the public perceptional of that science.

I will do just that. You're actually not the first one to tell me this. Sometimes I'm not very motivated.

Excellent. You noted earlier that you're not employed right now, and don't have much to do. I would make this priority #1.

You have been very fortunate to be given substantial resources by your parents. If you are smart about managing those resources, you will be able to put yourself in a position to have a lot of options down the road. If you aren't smart about it, you are likely to be sitting around at age 30, working your ass off, wondering why you squandered such a great head start.

This is just another failed attempt to cast doubt on the existence of Earth's greenhouse effect, which is central to AGW. It was not the first attempt and it won't be the last. The denial/doubt machine will never give up on continued attacks on science and the public perceptional of that science.

:huh: whaaa?

Archived