Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like JST could get 2-3" off of tomorrows storm. UNV maybe 1-2"

Myself maybe some flurries.

I have my doubts with this one with precip falling during the afternoon, and not especially heavy. My call is for up to 1" around JST to AOO, with 1 to 1.5" from Somerset to Bedford.

Friday is the real story!

ok, my chair is pulled up and i have my milk and cookies, please tell me about it? :popcorn:

Well, with any April snow event, it will be elevational dependent. That's not to say there won't be any snow in the valleys, but the heaviest accumulations - should a large storm occur - would be aoa 1,200'. Once to 2kft, some problems could occur due to the weight of the snow on limbs and power lines.

The GFS ensembles have had decent hits and also duds for a few days now. The euro, not the supreme leader it used to be, is weaker and further east. But it has had strong runs (0z Sunday) which blasted the apps. The ECENS show a deep trough and some spread in low pressure position on Friday, which means a storm is still very much on the table there.

The 0z GFS is just WOW. Widespread 12"+ from IDI to JST to AOO to UNV and IPT to MPO. Lower susq would miss out on the big stuff, but still get some wet, sloppy snow.

The trough has been getting more and more impressive for a few days now, so I would suspect by tomorrow's 12z runs we should have some consensus on whether a major storm will form - but the details of track and qpf will need to be worked out until the 12z Thursday runs.

Check out the GFSens for 12z Friday:

Hour 84 from 0z ens

Edit: Link now fixed - sorry.

Also, the UK has been showing big hits for a while, but when doesn't it this far out? Also, the JMA has had a big storm for a few days. The GEM is erratic.

Archived