• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

OKX going quite conservative outside of the far NW zones. I think warning criteria will be reached in some locations where they have only advisories for (above about 300 ft elevation in eastern Passaic county and northern Bergen County in NJ; Putnam, Rockland, and northern Westchester counties in NY, northern Fairfield and New Haven Counties in CT), and perhaps even in some areas they have nothing (southern Fairfield and New Haven counties in CT, and northern Suffolk county NY from about Port Jefferson east through the North Fork).

I'm not forecasting that everyone in these counties will reach warning criteria, but at least some likely will.

post-88-0-58572000-1300866857.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this will likely be the case until sunup. then it's all down hill.

Fortunately we have a few hours lol -- I think we were quite lucky to get this batch in early and the timing with the second batch looks really good too-- get it in here after sundown.

just think folks, the best temps we can do right now is around oC, once the march sun hits, it wil be no dice. I'd like to see temps ovn in the 20s., but alas, we're only near freezing. imagine once the march sun hits us in a few hrs. Horrid.

just think folks, the best temps we can do right now is around oC, once the march sun hits, it wil be no dice. I'd like to see temps ovn in the 20s., but alas, we're only near freezing. imagine once the march sun hits us in a few hrs. Horrid.

You think we'll hit 40 today? I was thinking mid 30s.

Wow, heavy snow right now with big flakes. All cars and grass covered. Even starting to stick to the roads a little bit.

And LOL at Upton's way too conservative forecast. If the map were extended down to me they wouldn't be expecting me to get any accumulation, and yet I already have accumulation (maybe around an inch?).

Wow, heavy snow right now with big flakes. All cars and grass covered. Even starting to stick to the roads a little bit.

And LOL at Upton's way too conservative forecast. If the map were extended down to me they wouldn't be expecting me to get any accumulation, and yet I already have accumulation (maybe around an inch?).

This is so much fun! So glad I have no classes on Wednesdays.

I'm gonna take a short walk soon--perhaps I'll see you. :P

In fairness, I think OKX is factoring the sunup forecast. What we are seeing now is not what they are forecasting for. they are forecasting for the daylight hours. And once the sun comes up, most areas will see marginal snow sticking save the higher terrain.

In fairness, I think OKX is factoring the sunup forecast. What we are seeing now is not what they are forecasting for. they are forecasting for the daylight hours. And once the sun comes up, most areas will see marginal snow sticking save the higher terrain.

Do you think what we're seeing tonight will make their forecast bust though?

Archived