joxey
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

My best guess for 3/23/11:

NYC: 1" - 5" (least S.I. and S. Brooklyn, most N. Bronx)

Long Island: 2" - 6" (least SW Nassau, most N. Shore)

Rockland, Westchester and Fairfield: 4" - 8"

Monmouth: 1" or less

day1otlk_1200.gif

I don't know if there ever was a time that KBWI was in the slgt risk and it snowed at KNYC. The closest I can remember, since I don't remember the specifics of every snowstorm, was in the early 1990's during the first round of the NCAA tournament, an accumulating snowfall occurred in NYC and at the same time a severe squall line moved through North Carolina that delayed the first round games there because of a power outage. I specifically remember Billy Packer being in the CBS studios that day.

Guest Pamela

I don't know if there ever was a time that KBWI was in the slgt risk and it snowed at KNYC. The closest I can remember, since I don't remember the specifics of every snowstorm, was in the early 1990's during the first round of the NCAA tournament, an accumulating snowfall occurred in NYC and at the same time a severe squall line moved through North Carolina that delayed the first round games there because of a power outage. I specifically remember Billy Packer being in the CBS studios that day.

Possibly 4/6/82...or just south of BWI...

Can someone answer me a quick question as this is only my second winter following the weather this closely? What radar do people use that's accurate? Every radar I'm looking at shows rain, yet people are saying it's snowing. Scratching my head....

If it is precipitation type, radar cannot determine between precipitation types.

Can someone answer me a quick question as this is only my second winter following the weather this closely? What radar do people use that's accurate? Every radar I'm looking at shows rain, yet people are saying it's snowing. Scratching my head....

Intellicast isn't too bad:

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/Radar/usa.gif

I just use NOAA though and then watch surface obs. Those gimmicky rn/sn line radars are often BS.

Archived