• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
3/21 snow to rain for NYC and LI

Mikehobbyst

Thank you for the clarification. It looked like a cold wedge of air to me on the GFS in NW NJ, but I am not a met by any means.

Well I'm not sure what timestamp on the gfs you would be referring to. I suppose it is certainly possible that those areas were a couple degrees colder than areas in Westchester county even before the precip moved in..but the wedged colder appearance now is likely because it is precipitating here versus not yet in areas further northeast

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is most likely what appeared like a cold wedge to me.

Well I'm not sure what timestamp on the gfs you would be referring to. I suppose it is certainly possible that those areas were a couple degrees colder than areas in Westchester county even before the precip moved in..but the wedged colder appearance now is likely because it is precipitating here versus not yet in areas further northeast

I am at 680 feet. I doubt it will be snow as you head east toward the city. The GFS did a fantastic job of showing this cold wedge of air moving into my location.

well you are wrong im well east of you and at 38o ft and uts snowing and sticking

Archived