• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
0z GFS

stormtracker

Is this the first model thread? I thought about starting one, but way too far out yet. However, if Euro is onboard at 0z and 12z, I'll start one on the big boy's board at 0z tomorrow.

Eh...its still awfully early. DT woofed at a threat in the Dec 9-10 frame. Our model threads bear resemblance to Christmas in stores - earlier and earlier :snowman:

Yeah, that's my concern, but I'm not going to get overly worried about that on a 200+ prog right now. There will probably be a SE Ridge on the 12z gfs.

I don't think so. The pattern looks good for the storm with a near-record -NAO/-AO block; the storm is forced under the Greenland ridge, and the higher heights over the Arctic are pushing cold air into Canada.

GFS is the only model that shears this clipper system out... over-amplifying the northern stream dynamics has been a big bias in years past in this time frame. Let's see what the Euro says at 12Z.

Even though I get annoyed at people saying to check the BL and surface temps every other post during a DC event track, I am glad this one is timed for Saturday night. ;)

Archived