joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Board Skin Upgrade

Wow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up that pinned threads don't have their own "area" on this new skin---they are just the top thread on the list. Not sure if this is intentional.

I noticed that yesterday too. I think I'll add a thicker bar to delineate.

Eh, it doesn't do anything for me and it doesn't bother me. Is there any way to move the Sign Out button over to the far right so it's not right above the navigation buttons? I've accidentally signed out a couple of times when I was trying to go back to the main forum.

The large header text for topics and at the top of the page is ugly and certainly needs to be tweaked--otherwise I like the other changes. Only other thing is I used to click the "AmericanWeather" banner at the top to get to the main page--and this one is smaller and has an area at the top where you can miss the link.

No likey.

Couldn't we still keep the current one available and not be forced to use the new default?

I may end up keeping it too. It's just whenever you have to change any coding to add/modify elements you have to change every skin template in order for all members to see it. I know we can't please everyone, and this should be the last significant upgrade to skins for a good while.

I've been using it all day and now I don't even notice the difference.

Moving the sign out button is still a good idea, though. :sun:

I don't see what you mean with the sign out button? It's about left of center below the word "weather".

I don't see what you mean with the sign out button? It's about left of center below the word "weather".

donationb.jpg

Sometimes when I use those buttons to navigate forums, I'll accidentally hit the sign out button. I was just curious if it could be moved over the the far right or something. Somewhere out of the way.

Sometimes when I use those buttons to navigate forums, I'll accidentally hit the sign out button. I was just curious if it could be moved over the the far right or something. Somewhere out of the way.

I see. Maybe move it to the drop down user menu? I don't know how often people sign themselves out. If it's a rare occasion, then moving it there could work.

I think I prefer the previous as well. I'm not a big fan of gradients as a design element-- they're very old-fashioned. I also feel the proportions and fonts at the top are a bit mismatched.

But this is all purely subjective-- a taste thing. Functionally, it all seems fine.

Eh? The old one had several gradients. Granted, this is linear and the other radial in the bg. My ultimate goal for that is to make it a time dependent color where it grows lighter during the day and darker as night approaches. Better yet, it would be neat to link it to the wx ob script and have the header bg match to your current weather observation.

Eh? The old one had several gradients. Granted, this is linear and the other radial in the bg. My ultimate goal for that is to make it a time dependent color where it grows lighter during the day and darker as night approaches. Better yet, it would be neat to link it to the wx ob script and have the header bg match to your current weather observation.

i hate everything about obs. will i be forced to deal with them?

This new theme makes the board look incredibly dated. The forum has no character, no identifying logo, and no unified theme. If someone came across this while on a Google search, I could see them easily skipping over (except for the fact that despite it looks just as poor as the alternatives). All the other things that have been done with this forum have been great, but this redesign is a step in the wrong direction.

Archived