Toothache
March 7th-9th Potential Storm.

Harry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But not OH. :lol:

Fixed. :P

But yeah i agree it is time to split it up. Hopefully Hoosier will deal with any potential cross trolling if it happens. I'll be reporting if it does as i am in no mood for it.

Anyways back to the storm.

Maybe it is me but it kinda looks like the GEFS wanna occlude this thing. Note the low when it gets to near the thumb at 132hrs vs 850s 0 line? :unsure:

Ohio?:lightning:

to many problems between MI/OH :yikes:

Been on weather sites for 4-5 years now. EVERY argument is always between OH/MI posters.

Actually in the 9+ yrs i have been on these wx boards i have noted very few problems with OH/MI posters. Most of the problems this winter was between WI and OH posters. Truthfully back when ( before the region exploded ) there was hardly any problems between anyone. Not in the region anyways. Most of it was MW vs eastcoast till they added regional forums. Mind you i have only posted here, eastern, wwbb, and my place.

Actually in the 9+ yrs i have been on these wx boards i have noted very few problems with OH/MI posters. Most of the problems this winter was between WI and OH posters. Truthfully back when ( before the region exploded ) there was hardly any problems between anyone. Not in the region anyways. Most of it was MW vs eastcoast till they added regional forums. Mind you i have only posted here, eastern, wwbb, and my place.

Not to get too off track but it has been something to watch the growth over the years. I remember when it was you, ChicagoWX, buckeye, me, and a few others and that was it.

FWIW...I think it should be MI/WI/IL/ONT...MN/IA/SD/NE/ND...IN/OH/WV/KY/WPA

Not to get too off track but it has been something to watch the growth over the years. I remember when it was you, ChicagoWX, buckeye, me, and a few others and that was it.

Forgot rdale. :popcorn:

Seems long ago huh? :yikes:

I wonder whatever happened to that TV Met dude from Canada? You know who i mean? He used to always mess with that kid from Kansas and the rest of them from wxchat. :lol:

Forgot rdale. :popcorn:

Seems long ago huh? :yikes:

I wonder whatever happened to that TV Met dude from Canada? You know who i mean? He used to always mess with that kid from Kansas and the rest of them from wxchat. :lol:

Ah yes, rdale. I don't remember when he joined but I didn't think he was one of the "originals."

I was a 16 year old kid who knew just about nothing when I started posting at TWC. Time flies.

Not sure about the Canadian met you mentioned. :unsure:

Ah yes, rdale. I don't remember when he joined but I didn't think he was one of the "originals."

I was a 16 year old kid who knew just about nothing when I started posting at TWC. Time flies.

I forget when rdale joined as well ( the fights between him and DT though were legendary :popcorn: ) but the Canadian dude was there. I *believe* he lived just across the border from one of the New England states or NY? Wish i could remember his name. He really did not post to often.

I believe a number of people showed up in 02-03 which ofcourse was a big winter in the southern/eastern Lakes and OV.

Do you remember how the only weather source was TWC? Local on the 8's and 7 day planner or the "look ahead"? Then you were force to watch the local mets at 5/6 pm

I forget when rdale joined as well ( the fights between him and DT though were legendary :popcorn: ) but the Canadian dude was there. I *believe* he lived just across the border from one of the New England states or NY? Wish i could remember his name. He really did not post to often.

I believe a number of people showed up in 02-03 which ofcourse was a big winter in the southern/eastern Lakes and OV.

Yeah, if I had a name it might jog my memory. I know rdale joined sometime before Christmas 2002 because I remember him posting about that event.

Do you remember how the only weather source was TWC? Local on the 8's and 7 day planner or the "look ahead"? Then you were force to watch the local mets at 5/6 pm

Yep. I watched that 7 day planner religiously in the lead up to the blizzard of 99.

I'm guessing we did. Man, a lot of stuff is foggy. I remember us talking about the northwest trend in the back half of the 2000-2001 winter. :lol:

Yeah I can't remember either...but you're probably right. I'd guess we never got to a part II thread back in the WWBB and early EUSWX days though.

Yeah I can't remember either...but you're probably right. I'd guess we never got to a part II thread back in the WWBB and early EUSWX days though.

Eastern was the first place for them. Reason that started was the discovery of the toll mega threads took on the server.

Biggest thread on wwbb i believe was PD II. The Christmas storm though was of a decent size if i recall correctly.

Eastern was the first place for them. Reason that started was the discovery of the toll mega threads took on the server.

Biggest thread on wwbb i believe was PD II. The Christmas storm though was of a decent size if i recall correctly.

I remember being on WWBB for the 2002 Christmas storm, late into the night, talking to WeathaFreak (from upstate NY). There weren't many of us on that night, but it shows how we use to interact "inter-regionally" back in the day. I guess we were smaller in numbers but also much more cordial back in those days. Not so much now (inter-regionally speaking). :lol:

I remember being on WWBB for the 2002 Christmas storm, late into the night, talking to WeathaFreak (from upstate NY). There weren't many of us on that night, but it shows how we use to interact "inter-regionally" back in the day. I guess we were smaller in numbers but also much more cordial back in those days. Not so much now (inter-regionally speaking). :lol:

I wish i had been here and not Ohio for that one. :lol: Granted i was still happy with my couple of inches despite the dry slot/mixing. Ofcourse that was my first true White Christmas as well. This if i recall correctly was a decent nw trender?

What would you suggest?

Go WI/IL/IN/MI/ONT

There's no easy answer. Some area is gonna be near the boundary. I drew a map a while back that didn't have the boundaries exactly at the state lines. State boundaries are good in theory and perhaps less confusing but there's gonna be regions that overlap.

I wish i had been here and not Ohio for that one. :lol: Granted i was still happy with my couple of inches despite the dry slot/mixing. Ofcourse that was my first true White Christmas as well. This if i recall correctly was a decent nw trender?

Yeah OH FTL with that one. Buckeye doesn't like that one being brought up. :pepsi: But yeah big time time late NW trender. Forecast for back home at IKK was for nada 36 or so hours out. Ended up with 6"...one of the best Christmas "weather" presents ever.

Decent doesn't even begin to describe it.

Archived