Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 31-February 2 Potentially Historic Winter Storm

Hoosier

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet they have 15-20 inches from STL to LAF

They are never too bullish on the QPF as they are a 51 member ensemble if I remember correctly. You just have to try and use them for the forecast track in comparison to the OP and the earlier ensemble run. But they are definitely signaling some good QPF in the cold sector. Guessing amounts is a crap shoot at this point.

6z NAM out to 12hr. I guess I will be staying up for this run lol.

if you don't have stormvista, use this site for the nam. Better maps imho and they are faster than ncep and give 3hr increments with uptodate soundings for your location that you click on.

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=NAM&grid=221&model_yyyy=2011&model_mm=01&model_dd=30&model_init_hh=06&fhour=21&parameter=RELV&level=500&unit=MB&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

that supercell you and I caught at night on 6/21 was insane, best lightning display I saw all year. looked like it had some good structure, If only it was during the day.

Besides what occured with the '08 derecho, that was likely the 2nd best lightning display I have seen.

It did have decent structure, but like you said too bad it wasn't daytime.

Would have helped if we didn't get lost in the middle of nowhere for a bit.:arrowhead:

if you don't have stormvista, use this site for the nam. Better maps imho and they are faster than ncep and give 3hr increments with uptodate soundings for your location that you click on.

http://www.twisterda...e&archive=false

I'm used to NCEP and COD and wouldn't change now due to superstition lol

thanks though, I tend to only use twisterdata in spring/summer.

Besides what occured with the '08 derecho, that was likely the 2nd best lightning display I have seen.

It did have decent structure, but like you said too bad it wasn't daytime.

Would have helped if we didn't get lost in the middle of nowhere for a bit.:arrowhead:

I knew that was something when we left McDonald's, could see the nice base off to the northwest at sunset and wow did that thing get going fast.

I'm sure we were alittle help to Gino that night lol

You sound just like me...I listened to the same song before the 00z Euro for 5 nights straight prior to Dec 26. It seriously worked (in my mind, at least).

I'm very superstitious...very. And not just for weather.

On chase days, I will try to wear the same shirt and eat at the same fast food places, order the same thing as I have before on good days. a bag of peanut M&M's always at a gas station.

and thats just the beginning..lol sports is another story haha.

Archived