• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

Trent or other CLE area posters im hearing TONS of sleet has fallen in the area any confirmations?

Everything is coated in about an inch of sleet with a freezing rain crust. My NE facing windows are covered in a sheet of ice. Yet to be determined how long we rise above freezing, but i doutbt it melts much.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based off of radar, I switched to plain rain here. Wonder if it'll help melt it off the lines and trees before the wind comes. I am doubtful. I am betting that as the temps are just above freezing it will still freeze onto the lines and trees. Rain isnt going to be warm enough to melt it I don't think.

Yeah Columbus is now safely plain rain, but damage already done. Hopefully we can cut down on the ice build up a little bit before winds hit.

Everything is coated in about an inch of sleet with a freezing rain crust. My NE facing windows are covered in a sheet of ice. Yet to be determined how long we rise above freezing, but i doutbt it melts much.

The northern counties are going to be a mess. Looking at the temps... doubt it makes it much above 32 if at all. But you never know of course. Cold air is on the way east already... should stop the warmth from pressing too far north.

Just got back home from a drive around town. Picked up a friend who lives near near Heath and we drove through most of Newark not seeing any power issues or trees down. Most of the ice is melting too with temps approaching 40. :thumbsup:

Lucky you. Power been off at my place for the past 3 hours. Only 1300 people without power in Coshocton County and most of them are around the Warsaw area.. Crappy..

Hopefully since it's such a small outage they can repair it quickly. Looks like a large power outage for the area may be averted.

Yea. It sucks. I'm hoping it kicks back on within the hour so I can go back home and sleep in my own bed lol. If its not back on by 5 I'm going to just crash here.

Lucky you. Power been off at my place for the past 3 hours. Only 1300 people without power in Coshocton County and most of them are around the Warsaw area.. Crappy..

Hopefully since it's such a small outage they can repair it quickly. Looks like a large power outage for the area may be averted.

Glad to hear conditions are improving for you all. But beware, more cold air is on your doorstep. I was in the mid 50's up until 6:30-7:00 CST and then temperatures crashed. I was in the mid 30's around 9:30. Now down to 25.

Yea. It sucks. I'm hoping it kicks back on within the hour so I can go back home and sleep in my own bed lol. If its not back on by 5 I'm going to just crash here.

Been there done that man. Sucks I know. My parents have a generator too, they might be using it tonight since they live near the Richland county line. :/

Have had a VERY difficult time sleeping due to the crashing of melting ice falling on the rooftop. VERY happy to see that the branches appear to be melting prior to windy conditions getting in here. I may yet keep my power on afterall!!

As stated above lucky you. Me and the wife were gonna just stay at my parents place but decided to come home. Much rather sleep in my own bed power or not power.

holy crap. I woke up to 41 degrees. All in all this storm was way over hyped. It'll be interesting to hear the water cooler chat today.

WTF... amazing it got up to 40 while just a few counties east and west remained under freezing. That thin line of warm air always makes it to CLE. Hopefully the cold comes crashing in soon. Just checked CLE's obs and they have been above freezing for 5 hours -- just what the models showed.

Archived