SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point. How do I change the thread title? I just wanted to do this before there was fighting or anything in the other thread.

Just edit the original post and use the full editor.

If I was you and I had to be locked in the other thread with the likes of weatherguru, I'd want to shoot myself, nevermind start a separate thread. :arrowhead:

Just edit the original post and use the full editor.

If I was you and I had to be locked in the other thread with the likes of weatherguru, I'd want to shoot myself, nevermind start a separate thread. :arrowhead:

Yea, he'd bad with the lakes cutter comments with every storm. But he's not rude. I was just getting annoyed with the "We're in a different pattern now, so it is going NW" Well we shall see how much different it is. Im sticking with the se trend. But anyways. Back OT. I would imagine you probably are wanting a north trend as well?

Yea, he'd bad with the lakes cutter comments with every storm. But he's not rude. I was just getting annoyed with the "We're in a different pattern now, so it is going NW" Well we shall see how much different it is. Im sticking with the se trend. But anyways. Back OT. I would imagine you probably are wanting a north trend as well?

Yeah, north is good for me. Could even use the 12z EURO to nudge northwards. So I'll be staying in the other thread predominantly. But if you do this again next time there's an Apps runner, I'm there.

Yeah, north is good for me. Could even use the 12z EURO to nudge northwards. So I'll be staying in the other thread predominantly. But if you do this again next time there's an Apps runner, I'm there.

Sounds good. Im sure Ill watch the other thread. Just gonna take my 2 cents to this one :)

Sounds good. Im sure Ill watch the other thread. Just gonna take my 2 cents to this one :)

Good idea Dilly. This is the same pattern until something breaks it. Will this be the storm to do so? My gut tells me no.... just small correction to the NW.... and not the huge cutters we have seen in years past. OV special on the way... or out to sea :lol:

nam is frightening. also MUCH stronger with the arctic high....i could definitely see this baroclinic zone shift southeast. gonna be fun one to watch

frightening good or bad? LOL

dilly can you check nam bufkit? Im showing surface temps actually falling after hr 72. Indicates to me the zone might be pushing

Im not all the way out on accuwx and the other bufkit I use hasnt updated.

Here it is so far. Its dropping

MON 1A 31-JAN -4.3 -1.9 1027 89 39 0.00 557 536

MON 7A 31-JAN -5.8 -2.0 1028 87 40 0.00 557 536

well this map was posted in the other thread earlier, but failed to mention the text with it..

p_threats.gif

US HAZARDS ASSESSMENT

NWS CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD

300 PM EST JANUARY 28 2011

SYNOPSIS: A SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER EVENT IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT MUCH OF THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN US DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF THE ASSESSMENT PERIOD. THIS STORM IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP OVER THE SOUTHERN GREAT PLAINS, BUT THERE IS STILL A GREAT DEAL OF UNCERTAINTY REGARDING ITS FUTURE PATH. AS OF NOW, THE STORM IS FAVORED TO TRAVEL EITHER NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY AND NEW ENGLAND, OR TAKE A SOMEWHAT MORE SOUTHERLY TRACK THROUGH THE TENNESSEE VALLEY AND VIRGINIA/NORTH CAROLINA REGION. PLEASE REFER TO THE 3-5 DAY DISCUSSION BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS EXPECTED STORM. IN ANY EVENT, ONCE THIS STORM MOVES OFF THE EASTERN SEABOARD, COLD HIGH PRESSURE IS ANTICIPATED TO FOLLOW IN ITS WAKE ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN US. IN THE FAR NORTHERN PACIFIC, A SERIES OF STORM SYSTEMS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING PRECIPITATION TO SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF ALASKA.

Archived