joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can live with this Euro run. Puts my college location in 15+ inches of snow and my home on the border, its the only model showing temps this warm as well so I'll go to bed happy. Lets hope the next run jogs SE for the Central Ohio folk. Night everyone.

where is your college location?

Bowling Green, but im heading home Thursday evening so I'd like to see snow imby

TUE 12Z 01-FEB -7.9 -2.7 1025 85 97 0.13 555 536

TUE 18Z 01-FEB -6.2 -0.9 1023 87 86 0.10 556 538

WED 00Z 02-FEB -5.9 -0.3 1019 89 93 0.06 554 539

WED 06Z 02-FEB -4.5 -0.3 1009 91 88 0.57 549 541

WED 12Z 02-FEB -3.8 -0.7 1001 91 43 0.65 539 538

close to zr for the bulk..

We sort of lost the blocking though so I'm wondering if the previous couple months even apply....

yea. I hope it is just a blip. If 12z doesnt come south some I may go get my towel to get ready to throw during 0z. Outlier or not. Usually when the euro sets into a trend it dont come back.. Now if all other guidence moves south, then I'll wait til 12z sunday.

Amazing how we go from always being too far north to suddenly not north enough. That's the OV for ya :axe:

Not gonna get ansy yet. The other models were a step in the right direction.. remember the euro showed. Lakes cutter, then went to suppressed, now back to a north solution. Only one way to go. South.....

I hope...

I am hoping that the southern energy slows down and forces the low further south for a time before it shoots north. Say no to ice period. Stuff is terrible as I remember from December 2004 and where I live now, west central ohio, was hit hard in 2005.

I'm hoping the euro follows the gfs trend of going south

PIT

.LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/... BLEND OF RECENT ECMWF, GFS, AND NAEFS MODEL OUTPUT SHOW A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVING NORTHEASTWARD FROM NEW MEXICO, THAT WILL DEVELOP A STRONG WARM FRONT EXTENDING TO WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA. STILL MUCH UNCERTAINTY REGARDING PRECIPITATION TYPES AND AMOUNTS TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY WITH THIS SYSTEM. PREFER THE ECMWF MODEL SOLUTION THAT PROVIDES A MORE NORTHERLY LOW CENTER TRACK AND WARMER LOW LEVEL TEMPERATURES TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY FOR THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY. HOWEVER, DUE TO THE INITIAL WIDESPREAD SNOW PACK SUBFREEZING DRY LOW LEVEL AIR MASS, EXPECT A PERIOD OF WINTRY MIX, SNOW CHANGING TO SLEET AND/OR FREEZING RAIN AND THEN TO POSSIBLY RAIN, SOUTH TO NORTH ACROSS THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. THE PERIOD WITH ICE CAN BE EXTEND FOR SEVERAL HOURS, AND PRECIPITATION AMOUNTS CAN BE MORE THAN 0.50 INCHES PER RECENT HPC GUIDANCE, NAEFS, ECMWF, AND GEFS MODEL OUTPUT. EXPECT A CHILL DOWN TO TEMPERATURE VALUES AT LEAST 10 DEGREES COLDER THAN NORMAL IN THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEMS WAKE THURSDAY AND FRIDAY, BASED ON GFS MOS AND NAEFS MEDIAN VALUES. POST SYSTEM SNOW SHOWERS MAY BE LIMITED NOW THAT LAKE ERIE IS FROZEN, ALTHOUGH LAKE HURON STILL HAS CONSIDERABLE OPEN WATER.

06 GFS and NAM... temps don't get above 24 at CLE. Not sure what last night euro showed. Big temp gradient across the state.

The consistency of the GFS over the past 5 runs has been pretty good. How common are ice storms around Cleveland? I can't remember anything around here, seems they tend to set up in the US 30 and south corridor.

That's so funny! I hope you know everyone is joking around and messing around. Go ahead and bash the posters in a dif. thread though.

Hmm didn't know I bashed anyone.. Sorry I'm rooting against your storm. I want that sucker to track just like the ggem shows it, just like you want it to track so you get snow. And sorry but there was 3 pages of complaining that he started it, I don't think some of them were joking. But no bashing here.. now back to the weather..

Armygreens: yes we need what the gem is showing. I DO NOT want an icestorm like the gfs is advertising.

The consistency of the GFS over the past 5 runs has been pretty good. How common are ice storms around Cleveland? I can't remember anything around here, seems they tend to set up in the US 30 and south corridor.

Ice storms are pretty rare in CLE. We've had some ice but nothing significant. It's usually snow or rain... no in between. The area from MFD south tends to see more ice.

It's good to see the consistency of the GFS... if the euro was on board I'd be a lot more comfortable. But I'm happy not being in the bullseye this far out... that usually ends in disappointment. A track south of river then up to W/Central PA would be ideal. Still think a SE movement is coming.

Archived