joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 850 line basically goes 20 miles west of I71. Gonna be very interesting for Folks in the Cleveland metro, this may be a case where westside is all snow and eastside deals with a big mixed bag.

My confidence in this remaining all snow is grim. Still plenty of time yet, but the trend has been to move the 850 line further and further north each run. The last thing I need is an inch of ice. That would be crippling here. Inevitably that would cause huge power outages and with bitter cold temps behind this, serious issues with regards to keeping folks warm.

I live in an area with huge mature 100 year old trees. It would not take much ice to bring them down and the last thing I need is to be without power for a few weeks.

I'm at a loss of whether we get zr or just plain rain. Its too close to call.

I would take your plain rain in a heartbeat! If this verifies, it is going to totally suck! Not looking forward to being stuck in a house without power and four kids! I might start my generator shopping tomorrow if the models hold firm.

Yea but it looks like rain when bulk falls.

WED 06Z 02-FEB 0.4 3.2 1010 100 99 0.43 555

WED 12Z 02-FEB 2.7 5.9 997 100 90 0.43 545

Just watched channel 10..highs of 31 tuesday and wednesday!! I know..local mets mostly dont have a clue!!

Archived