joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, Ohio looks to get hit hard with ice. With the storm already getting sampled, most likely won't be any huge variations in track. I would say central and south ohio be prepared! Columbus could be a nightmare.

It isn't getting sampled yet. 0z tomorrow it should be on land.

well the euro would have to shift 200 miles to put us in snow lol.. and the gfs takes the low through KY but still gives us zr. Gem gave us all snow but took the low through southern KY over to NC so that is the track we need.. So we are going to need a pretty significant change.

The euro has had its problems this winter so a shift of that nature is not completely out of the question.

It goes from 1" to 12" in one county area!

Lol.. yep.. but don't need that big of a se shift, but its the dgex. Worthless. Lol.. 12z jma was a big hit.. we've got the ggem, jma, and kinda the nam (if it continues south 0z) and the gfs was in our camp partially, but now its continuously heading north.

What would be crazy Dilly is for me to get freezing rain/snow and you to get freezing rain just by the sw/ne orientation!

Happened before. 2004 delaware got like 15" of snow, and I got 1"+ of ice.. I'm used to it. I'm east enough that I basically have to have an apps runner to get the huge snow. Also a track across southern ky is normally good.. March 08 was a fluke and a rarity. Actually it broke the record with the 20"

Cross posting here for the Ohio folks:

18Z GFS BUFKIT for selected sites:

KDTW

18" snow (1.2" QPF)

KCMH

1" snow

.5" sleet

.2" freezing rain

.9" RAIN

KCLE

2" snow

.5" sleet

.2" ice

.4" RAIN (surface temps very near freezing)

2" snow

KTOL

12-14" snow, some PL mixed in during height of storm (1.3 QPF)

This is my second winter in Ohio and hate the frustration it brings. I miss living on the lake shore in michigan where I could always count 70"-100" every winter from the lake effect! I am hoping that I can at least cash in on 3-6 on the back end to minimize the icing. Start praying for that SE trend!

This is my second winter in Ohio and hate the frustration it brings. I miss living on the lake shore in michigan where I could always count 70"-100" every winter from the lake effect! I am hoping that I can at least cash in on 3-6 on the back end to minimize the icing. Start praying for that SE trend!

Trust me I am..

DGEX love.

post-599-0-93003100-1296348468.png

Save this one folks. 980 low along the Ohio River. 2-3 feet totals across parts of Ohio.

Wow... bullseye here in northwest Ohio on that. I can see that coming to fruition. This is a global warming supercharged storm of the kind that has been plaguing the east coast in recent years. There will probably be thunderstorms accompanying the snow and ice.

Wow... bullseye here in northwest Ohio on that. I can see that coming to fruition. This is a global warming supercharged storm of the kind that has been plaguing the east coast in recent years. There will probably be thunderstorms accompanying the snow and ice.

Let's keep the global warming talk out of here. Thanks.

Archived