Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy snow/sleet here in Bowling green.....

Same here in Toledo. Also very windy with considerable blowing and drifting.

Here's the most recent observation from Toledo Express Airport: SPECI KTOL 020133Z 06023G33KT 1 3/4SM -SNPL BLSN FEW020 BKN036 OVC046 M08/M11 A2993 RMK AO2 PK WND 05035/0110 UPB0059E04SNE0059B17PLB28 P0001

This is the first time I've seen TOL report PL... usually it'll record UP (unknown precipitation) because I thought it just used an automated sensor. Also it doesn't usually report BLSN. Was this observation manually transmitted?

We got aout 4" of snow last night, and now there's 3" of sleet on top of it. I can verify that the sleet is twice as heavy as the snow when you're shoveling it off the driveway.

I'm in Glandorf, in Putnam County. The sleet / freezing rain line seems to be about twenty miles south of here (thank God). The county road crews have stopped plowing for a few hours, as the wind was winning the Battle of the Drifts. :)

Hopefully we stay on with power on campus. We have our own plant and all lines are underground. Have to wonder about internet though....

Looks like nearly all the precip will fall as frz rain tonight before we warm up. Crazy.

yea its gonna be close but it appears everyone at least north of 70 is all ice. question is what happens once the precip slacks....when does the wind kick in?

Archived