gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

850's have to be falling then. At least I would think. It is just pour the zr right now. It wont take long to add up at this rate and the wind is picking up..

Don't know... it didn't last long, maybe 10 minutes, but I could hear them pinging on my windows and saw them bouncing on my porch. Back to mostly zr now.

Ive got you right on the line.

Just looked back at your map, sorry I didn't see that before I posted. Anyway, if we get it, its going to surprise a lot of people because our local news have been saying mainly rain tonight with ice accumulation up near I-80. Looks like the heavier stuff is on my doorstep, so I'll let you guys know what I experience.

Just called in 1/4" total here, but we might be up to .3" actually storm total. It's hard to measure off of the trees and railings. Everything that was clear (just wet) earlier is completely glazed including Curl Drive out in from of my dorm. Really nasty out there. Trees are sagging more now.

Yea, still falling hard here. With the winds starting to pick up quite a bit. Hoping we keep power.

EDIT: Just went and broke off some pieces and measured again. looking like close to .35 here

Using the Intellicast radar it looks like the rain line is slowly creeping north, however it isn't fast enough IMHO. Where is the WTOD when you need it???

Nah bring on the ice :) At least it is wintry precipitation. I dont mind a good ice storm every once in a while, and if we can pick up a couple inches ontop of it, the trees and stuff will look amazing and will make for some sweet pictures.

Aside that it really isnt moving north at all.. Just fluctuations up and down right along the same line

day_None_anim.gif

Finally, got the wireless going on my laptop. Time Warner in Delaware has had cable off since 330 this afternoon. That would be my tv and internet. Luckily, I have my wireless card! Roads were definitely worse up by marion but that was due to sleet they received. Raining pretty good here still. Ice is accumulating quickly! Ice sicles hanging off of everything.

I can confirm in dayton.. Whats this mean you can clearly see snow on the roads in DAY

I75Dayton-South.jpg

It means I have no idea what's going on :popcorn: Dayton and Columbus were not supposed to see snow until sometime Wednesday. The only thing I can think of is that the heavy precip is allowing for a thump type snow to mix down?

Lots of sleet with zr here in Marysville. Losing power is becoming a very serious threat for everyone in central Ohio. I was on the phone with my brother who lives in Grove City and both of us are having the power flickering at the same time. That is not a good feeling........

Was just looking outside and witnessed a good chunk of my neighborhood go dark, and saw at least one power flash to the north. Still with power hear, hope it stays on...

At least they have the mobile site. LOL. I swear it is flickering here too but my wife says I am going crazy lol

Lots of sleet with zr here in Marysville. Losing power is becoming a very serious threat for everyone in central Ohio. I was on the phone with my brother who lives in Grove City and both of us are having the power flickering at the same time. That is not a good feeling........

Several 'power flickers' in the past half hour here in Clintonville. There is a pine tree precariously slumping over the power lines a few houses down from my apartment. arrowheadsmiley.png

Archived