Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OV Winter Storm Threat for February 2-3

dilly84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone on the westside of franklin county to confirm temps?

NWS reporting 33 and light snow south of there, so Id say that is a bad reading. But LOL im so lost how can it be 33 and light snow with the 850 temps above freezing like they were modeled. I believe the cold air is winning. 850's have dropped.

Just got off the phone with my brother... he said he's never seen anything like this in his life. Said it's like a tropical downpour in the middle of winter and it's freezing to everything. The water instead of running off is just freezing into giant puddles. There were accidents all over the place, some roads are closed.

Just got off the phone with my brother... he said he's never seen anything like this in his life. Said it's like a tropical downpour in the middle of winter and it's freezing to everything. The water instead of running off is just freezing into giant puddles. There were accidents all over the place, some roads are closed.

Where at?

Check out how low the 1300 thickness line is:

http://w1.spc.woc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/s20/thck/thck.gif?1296608703017

That is the low level one for snow...But with the 540 line so far north I have a hard time believing much snow is falling. I did get confirmation reports from Dayton out of several places that snow is mixing in though...

It looks like after the heavy batch of precip around Cincy to Wilmington moves through, that'll be the bulk of the heaviest stuff. Question is, does it fall below the freezing mark. Temps are very slowly coming up... but looking at pressure maps, the low may be starting to weaken.

Maybe I'm naive, but temps around 30 will make it harder for the rain to freeze on contact...in other words it just mainly runs off?

The last ice storm i went through temps were in the mid 20's and the rain had no porblem freezing on contact!

On pavement and such yes, but it will still freeze to trees and powerlines.

Maybe I'm naive, but temps around 30 will make it harder for the rain to freeze on contact...in other words it just mainly runs off?

The last ice storm i went through temps were in the mid 20's and the rain had no problem freezing on contact!

It will freeze, but not as much as in the 20s. So it helps a little. Still bad for the trees though I think...

It looks like after the heavy batch of precip around Cincy to Wilmington moves through, that'll be the bulk of the heaviest stuff. Question is, does it fall below the freezing mark. Temps are very slowly coming up... but looking at pressure maps, the low may be starting to weaken.

looks like everything is moving much more east then north.... I'd say there's a 50/50 shot we never crack 32 north of 70

speaking of north of 70...where's army

that looks bogus...southern union county raining?

It's raining pretty hard here in Marysville now, no sleet. Things are icing over very quickly, as the temp is still 28 degrees. Not hearing any traffic on State Route 33 other than plows. Not sure if they have closed it or what. Trees are really starting to hang down, and the wind is starting to pick up a bit. Getting power flickers about every 5-8 minutes now.

Archived