gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 5

earthlight

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

side note- if the GFS doesnt hold back the energy in the SW at hr 144 we are going to be looking at another HUGE EPIC storm....as it is it would probably be a 6-10" storm....

i know people dont like him, but DT is VERY good at pattern recognition and he has signing the tunes of that event for a while....and voila its stating to really look good.

if you cant tell- im absolutely stoked to track that storm.

I am starting a new position on Feb 14th so I have little time left to really enjoy myself before my life gets turned upside down...lets hope that is a biggie!

aren't you concerned it would cut though? If we get a full phase I don't think it will be good for us. A 12z GFS solution with a bit more phasing would be ideal, anything more and this has the risk of looking like the GGEM

Really?

I have 19" from dec 26, 17" from yesterday, 9" from jan 11....about 6" from all the other little deals...51" total....close enough i guess.

I actually took 18" for Dec 26 17" for yesterday and 10" for Jan 11. The other stuff adding up to nine includes the 4.5" we got about a week ago (lol I bet most people forgot that one) plus the mix/slop which was like 1.5" and 3" from a total of three small events.

Ah okay. By the way, our county observeres are sucking at reporting for this storm. No one seems to have measured when we changed to drizzle yesterday afternoon or cleared their board. Or else people are sending in part 2 totals only. Our county is getting jipped on the PNS and its ticking me off a bit (these minor issues get to me for some reason lol).

Dammit I wish I was there reporting for this event. My parents measured 13" last night plus 3" from earlier in the day, giving a total of 16".

54.5" on the season now.

It'd be easier for folks if the NWS page gave guidlines telling them to include the entire event's snowfall, but it is what it is.

from that moment thru 2AM i received over 6" of snow

Definitely a lot better than Feb 2006 when we were on the outside looking in with that band. At least this time we got in on it!

Although the peak was higher with that storm, heavy snowfall totals were a lot more widespread with this one. If this had slowed down even a little, it would have probably had a similar peak or perhaps even higher, like the Xmas day after blizzard.

I actually took 18" for Dec 26 17" for yesterday and 10" for Jan 11. The other stuff adding up to nine includes the 4.5" we got about a week ago (lol I bet most people forgot that one) plus the mix/slop which was like 1.5" and 3" from a total of three small events.

aaaaah, close enough.

btw- im stoked for next week...

This is why this winter is better than 1995-96. NO WARM UPS...PATTERN REMAINS THE SAME!!!!

Dammit I wish I was there reporting for this event. My parents measured 13" last night plus 3" from earlier in the day, giving a total of 16".

54.5" on the season now.

It'd be easier for folks if the NWS page gave guidlines telling them to include the entire event's snowfall, but it is what it is.

Yup. Well send in that report if you can we need to start rallying for our county here lol. We got pounded too.

She gave us some experience i almost crapped in my pants from a lightning strike that hit a transformer . Sleet,thunder , wind the whole nine yards we couldn't make this stuff up unreal .

and some actual pea sized hail! This is the closest we'll ever get to a severe thunderstorm blizzard :)

Guest Patrick

haha Alex, you are probably right!

Of course, on the down side of that, when I tell people that it hails in summer storms and sleets in winter storms, they will have some grounds for debate..

just sayin...

and some actual pea sized hail! This is the closest we'll ever get to a severe thunderstorm blizzard :)

This was phenomenal...I've never seen my neighborhood like this, ever.

Just wondering, out of the loop the last several hours, when is that 1-3 inch threat if it still exists, tomorrow or Saturday?

Both days. Better on Saturday. NAM and GFS were pretty weak with both clippers.

Not sure about Euro.

Archived