12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
PHL CWA Jan 26/27 Obs and Discussion thread..part II

NJHurricane

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can honestly say none of the storms last winter compare to how hard it has been snowing here in Florence within the last hour. Truly impressive.

Agreed. I wasn't in the jackpot zone for any of the storms last year, but I still got plenty of snow. Today's storm is about as good as any of last year's storms IMBY.

btw, not that it matters, but my temp has crept up a little, 31.9.

What I find to be incredible about his event is the fact that over 12 in. of fresh snow is falling ON TOP OF 12-15 inches of previously falled snow from the past several weeks. Truly a rarity in CNJ. I was home in CNJ ths past weekend and can't remember the last time such an extensive snow base was in place. To add to the fury, another storm already on the horizon for next week. This could truly be an epic winter in the end as each event seems to be over-producing. This event certainly seems to be.

easily have 10+ from the 2nd batch and it didn't start until like 6:15........we were averaging 2"/hr here......wow. Add to it that I got 5-6 from the a.m. storm and we're pushing 18" for a storm that had to thread every needle in the book.

If only it had been colder and ratios better it would have been a 20" day

well did snowplowing all day, still havent slept yet but hope to get 2-3 hours in, when will this sick puppy be all done....maybe 2-3AM or could it go longer?

Warlock,

I'm not picking on you. But you don't like cold and snow. You drive a plow. And you love hot & humid weather. Why haven't you moved to Florida or somewhere warm?

well did snowplowing all day, still havent slept yet but hope to get 2-3 hours in, when will this sick puppy be all done....maybe 2-3AM or could it go longer?

bac - hope you're at least making lots of dough. Know you don't love this stuff, but it pays the bills I assume. Did you hear about the snow plow that backed up over a woman in a parking lot killing her somewhere on LI? Horrible.

Obs: 2" in the last 75 minutes, as of 11:15 pm. Wow. Pouring snow with maybe 1/8 mile visibility right now. 5.5" from Part 1 and now 4.5" from Part 2 for 10.0" total. Up to 50" for the season! Radar is insane over my part of Middlesex County right now, with 35-40 DBZ echos, so I'm hoping for another 4" or more before it's over. I love snow.

Archived