northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL CWA Jan 26/27 Obs and Discussion thread..part II

NJHurricane

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS has the heavy snow skip over Southeast PA and Jersey then suddenly reappear over LI into SNE. Odd solution and an outlier.

not to be biased, but i dont think the GFS is the model of choice during a storm..especially 1 this dynamic.. look at radar...

That ridiculously heavy band is about to hit me in ~10 mins or so in Pike Creek, DE. (Near where DE, MD, and PA intersect).

I am suspecting it will initially be rain, then rapidly transition over to snow. I'll post obs as it hits...right now just very light rain...

From the look of the radar, I feel like I should be hearing BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP from my TV and seeing a Severe Thunderstorm Warning crawl along the bottom. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

maybe its hinting at prolonged mixing issues in extreme SE PA and central/southern NJ???????????

Maybe. It's raining here pretty good right now but it's down to 32F so it should be interesting to see what happens when that big bag of WTF down in the Delmarva makes it up here. muaha

Maybe. It's raining here pretty good right now but it's down to 32F so it should be interesting to see what happens when that big bag of WTF down in the Delmarva makes it up here. muaha

could be what the model is indicating.......I wonder if the actual QPF is shifting, or just the accum. snow stripe.

Archived