northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL CWA Jan 26/27 Obs and Discussion thread..part II

NJHurricane

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is everyone hanging on the HRRR all of the sudden? I had no idea it was the short range oracle of where the heaviest snow bands setup. I think radar and visual obs are the most helpful (and reliable) at this point. I don't think it has anything to do with prolonged mixing either. You can see that p-type has been changing to frozen over the last 45 mins or so. It looked like snow was creeping up into Gloucester County the last few frames.

I think we are all going to be fine come morning...:snowwindow::snowing::shiver::snowman::thumbsup:

why is everyone hanging on the HRRR all of the sudden? I had no idea it was the short range oracle of where the heaviest snow bands setup. I think radar and visual obs are the most helpful (and reliable) at this point. I don't think it has anything to do with prolonged mixing either. You can see that p-type has been changing to frozen over the last 45 mins or so. It looked like snow was creeping up into Gloucester County the last few frames.

I think we are all going to be fine come morning...:snowwindow::snowing::shiver::snowman::thumbsup:

no one is hanging on the hrrr, just looks like radar is tracking that way, no?

Moderate rain in Bryn Mawr and the board is glitchy. Worst possible solution. I am confident both will resolve themselves shortly.

18Z NAM gives PHL one inch in four hours. Totals are down because ratio's are under 10 for two hours (at the height of the storm, which is not believeable). So, if you add in NAM's wet bias and subtract the warm bias effect on ratio's maybe the 15.8 number is credible. We'll see.

Archived