Jump to content

Spanks45

Members
  • Posts

    4,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Spanks45

  1. I just want some snow on the ground....even a few inches would be fine at this point...I still have a frozen solid coating on the north facing side of the house from what seems like weeks ago. Lows in the teens, highs in the 30s has kept the ground mostly frozen.
  2. I used too....you are right about basketball though, predictable but hard to watch now a days.
  3. I actually bought some SNDL yesterday, might just be a short term thing though...hard to say what a long term might be, because I will assume a bunch more companies are going to sprout up over the next year knowing business might start "booming" I have a small amount set aside to use in the penny stock "game", it has actually done quite well recently. I make more doing that than I ever did in fantasy sports.
  4. beautiful this morning....mud by 3 pm. That January 4th sun angle is a killer. Seeing posts about January 4th, 3 years ago, ready for a good snow threat, lol
  5. yup, now lets add to this pack...a couple 2-4, 3-6 inch snows will go nicely with our base. One thing I know I can do at this location is "fake cold", so the question is how low can we go with all of this new snow on the ground....
  6. Thanks for the shoutout! Well, I measured a couple different ways and I think I came up with 11.5"....almost 9 inches of fluff followed by a couple that compacted easily. When everything averaged out, 11.5" will do it for me. I should have cleared the board before that sleety mix showed up...next time, hopefully it is trying to determine whether we have 29 or 30 inches
  7. So much snow falling from the sky right now, complete whiteout..the wind is howling. Temp down to 22.2⁰
  8. All snow in that?!?! Nice...that can make its way right up here to Southbury.
  9. Kids and I were out sledding until 10...measured 6" at that point, nice to see the radar filling in as those holes come up from the coast.
  10. Beating you on this side of town...haven't checked in a bit, but has to be pushing 7"
  11. Not sure how much I have now, but when I came in from outside I was already at 6 inches...that band had to have had at least 3" inch per hour rates
  12. Moderate snow here, blowing sideways at times....22.7⁰/14⁰ 0.2" so far
  13. couple of flakes falling now, 24.8°/4.5°
  14. Lots of clouds in the sky....25⁰/2.3⁰ lots of dry air out there at the moment
  15. That's why I always wait till the day of the storm....the way I look at it, extra exercise and more time to play in the snow
  16. Can we just add northern New Haven County to that? Thanks...
  17. Just tried to fire up the snowblower so I did not jinx anything and the thing won't start....off to buy some new shovels. Wife is giving me a hard time, "why didn't you start it days ago?".....
  18. good point, I need to include the valley factor over here...maybe more like 10-14, I need to find a protected area for my snowboard
  19. so you are saying I need to take a power nap today?
  20. Yup 15-20" on the NAM....lets see what the rest of the 12z models show, I might have to bump my original 8-12 to 14-18" Looks the RPM now has us in the 16-20" range....
  21. 12z NAM has that band pushing through SW CT as well.....hopefully it knows what it is doing now that we are within 18 hours....
  22. looks too scattered to me, big bust incoming..... JK... 18" is my high mark since moving to CT, lets top it! 17.1° of a low of 14.6°, should be no problems accumulating
  23. That's a Southbury jack right there.....it has to be wrong! Lol
  24. I just hope we don't need to downgrade the call....looked good from a distance when models were throwing out 15-20" left and right, hopefully the dreaded sleet doesn't cut our numbers in half. My hometown of Lancaster PA was looking like a jackpot that may end up with more sleet than snow now. Crazy storm to track
×
×
  • Create New...