Jump to content

IronTy

Members
  • Posts

    3,034
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IronTy

  1. Yeah I'm not too worried about it but it's been persistent and I keep wondering what's with the model that it keeps putting a blob of AN right over the DMV. It's gotta be doing that for some persistent reason. All I could come up with was water temps or hot air bellowing out of DC. In any case I'm getting a good feeling for this winter.
  2. Cansips is looking diesel. Does anybody know why it has that stubborn small blob of AN temps right over the Chesapeake for the winter? It's been there for a number of runs now. Is it something to do with bay water temps that it's picking up on?
  3. I'm not sure what you're expecting out of a nino, like bomb cyclones twice a week or something? We just got through with a solid week with multiple inches of precip. It's been crap clouds with occasional drizzle since Saturday at least. We're tracking precip for the upcoming weekend. Our avg precip is like 4" a month, not 14".
  4. Yeah once we get through Thurs/Fri I think we're good with temps/Dp for the season. But these low clouds need to go.
  5. I'm ready for drought again, this weather is depressing.
  6. Yeah there's a cocorahs by me that has 2.25" for the past seven days. Must've had some heavy rain at some point last week.
  7. My rain gauge has 3" in it though I think an inch of that came last week when I was on vacation.
  8. I'm declaring the pattern has officially changed.
  9. Yeah I think you're right, it's gotta be some weird stuff going on with the IR lamps. I didn't see a temp lower than 50F all night. A man can dream.
  10. Wtf, did it snow up at DCL this morning? Temp on the game cam seems too warm but it certainly looks like snow on the ground.
  11. Only if you actually thought it was actually going to rain. I know the drought pattern persists, so I don't get rug pulled.
  12. This better be a good winter out at DCL. I'm gonna be chasing out there for every event. I'm not even gonna pay to get the drive up the mountain plowed so I can use snow chains instead.
  13. WTF happened? Thought it was a sure deal and then it just got C**k-blocked as it hit the Potomac.
  14. Ugh it's gross out. 70F dp, not a breeze to be found, overcast. Mosquitoes and gnats out in force.
  15. Nobody knows, but IME usually a significant pattern change comes about with a big storm ushering it in.
  16. GFS has been pretty consistent about that storm in our general vicinity for quite a few runs now. I'd consider that storm to usher in the base state pattern change if it were to happen.
  17. Looks like Stephens City is gonna have a +3ft anomaly season, doesn't seem possible.
  18. Heck of a storm. We lost power for several hours overnight. Tons of thunder and we ended up with 0.94" of rain. I think that should get me through the rest of the growing season.
  19. Well the radar sure collapsed. What a terrible, pathetic day. It feels like a miserable July evening. Any radar returns here are coming from the mosquitoes, certainly not precip.
  20. JB has invoked 1925 where we had a record warm September followed by a very cold October. He thinks that it will cool down in October significantly. Me...it's gonna be the warm and droughty base state until it isn't. No signs of change yet.
  21. WTF that has to have been the worst radar return to actual precip ratio I've ever experienced. I was covered in reds per radarscope and only managed 0.08". Not even fully wet under the trees.
  22. Up here at DCL it's 71F and zero humidity with a good breeze, basically a perfect day. We moved about 4000lbs of rock. Kinda weird up here, all the cherry trees have lost about half of their leaves already. Just dried up and fell off. Can't really blame it on drought, I guess it's just getting late I the season here.
  23. Out at the cabin this weekend, last night had a thunderstorm with lots of lightning and thunder coming in but as soon as it reached the edge of my property it just fizzled out and ended up with nothing.
  24. Until I get a legit all day long rainy day, not a thunderstorm, I'm declaring that the dry pattern continues and drought is still the base state.
×
×
  • Create New...